Chess With Friends Free
By Zynga Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take no prisoners and protect your King at all costs! Brought to you by the makers of Words with Friends, Chess with Friends Free is the best way to play Chess on iOS. Connect with friends and challenge them to one of the oldest, most popular games in the world. Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Download Chess with Friends Free and start playing today!
PEOPLE LOVE CHESS WITH FRIENDS
• “Chess With Friends is hands down the best Chess game currently available in the App Store, because it was designed from the ground up to make multiplayer Chess easily accessible for all...” – OS X Reality
• “All in all, Chess With Friends is easily the most accessible and elegant form of Chess for the iPhone available, and it’s now free. Yes please.” – AppleInsider
• Connect with Facebook to play family and friends, or find and challenge a random opponent
• View your win, loss and draw stats to track your game play
• Relive the glory by replaying moves in existing and past games
• Encourage, boast or taunt your opponent with in-game chat
• Play multiple games at once across multiple mobile platforms
Already a fan of the game?
• Join the community on Facebook to discuss the game, give feedback and find more friends to play https://www.facebook.com/ChessWithFriends
• Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/ChessWFriends for all of the latest news
If you like Chess With Friends, try our online word game, Word Streak With Friends.
• Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
• This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
• Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
• Must be 13+ to play.
What's New in Version 4.30
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Love the game...but
I love this game, it is fun to play with friend, and the new version looks nice and has a lot of great features like the ranking system etc...my only problem and reason for only 4 stars is, I had an account years ago...when I had a different facebook account, I signed in with my email and password and all my stars are there, I try and add my NEW facebook account so I can challenge and play my friends on there and it won't let me..cuz it says "you have signed in already with fb..but I haven't..I don't see how to disassociate this account with the OLD facebook and assocciatecit with my new one..I have even contacted support...like a month ago...and still no fix or response...part or me wants to rate it a 1 just for that fact, but the game itself is awesome...they just need to fix this ONE flaw
I like it, some issues need improvement.
Right off the bat, I transitioned to the Apple version from a Samsung phone, and the Apple version is less good. No profile pics, less intuitive interface, slightly glitchier. Another user warned me in chat against upgrading to newest version, described it as very buggy, makes her log back in every time. One feature desperately needed is ability to spot the other player a piece. Common practice when you're teaching the game is start without your queen, then without a rook, eventually playing even. Chat feature is cool and have made legit friends through the app, but besides the "mute" and "decline" options, the app needs a report mechanism for creepy guys who think it's Tinder or the place for political rants.
It's barely 'just ok'
I've had this app for a while now. There is absolutely no way I would ever pay for it, though, and definitely not the $9.99 version. Opponents can go 3-4 days without making a move, offer you a draw, and do it all over again. Pass and play is ridiculously slow. Sometimes it will not notify you that your opponent has moved until hours later. Graphics and gameplay itself are fine, nothing amazing. Chat option is nice. We should be able to finish games in a reasonable amount of time. Additionally, show an opponent's win-loss record prior to accepting a game. More importantly, show how many times they failed to complete one and timed out of games. The many negatives lead to a sub-standard rating in my book
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 10, 2015
- Version: 4.30
- Size: 22.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zynga Mobile
- © 2017 Zynga Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.