Chess With Friends
By Zynga Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play chess with your friends and family anytime, anywhere.
This is the 'no third party ads' version!
PRAISE FOR CHESS
• “Chess With Friends is hands down the best Chess game currently available in the App Store, because it was designed from the ground up to make multiplayer Chess easily accessible for all...” – OS X Reality
• “All in all, Chess With Friends is easily the most accessible and elegant form of Chess for the iPhone available, and it’s now free. Yes please.” – AppleInsider
• The winner for BEST FREE GAME from the 2008 Best App Ever awards
• Turn-based design lets you play up to 20 games simultaneously
• Play with your friends or match-make instantly with a random opponent
• Simple and familiar rules that you know and love
• Stay in touch with friends and family with in-game chat messaging
• Push Notifications tell you when it’s your turn
If you like Chess With Friends, try our online word game, Words With Friends.
Already a fan of the game?
• Like us on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/ChessWithFriends
• Follow us on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/ChessWFriends
What's New in Version 4.18
iOS 7 fixes
There is very little point to having the board reset to the current position just because my finger hits a spot on the screen which is not a button. Don't you see this as a big mistake? You try to review your last 60 moves and see how frustrated you get if you accidentally touch the screen!
Here's a good idea: allow me to make multiple thought moves for both sides without hitting the Submit button. All you'll need to do is indicate a "planning" phase. If you allow me to do this when it is the opponent's turn, you could alert me when he has made a move and asking me to update to opponent's latest move if I am in planning mode.
Another obvious improvement: do not truncate my game history to an arbitrary 10 games. Some of these games are very interesting and I want to review them. Embrace era of Big data, zynga guys!
Pretty Good Buy
Spend the few dollars. Games move more quickly and no ads! Also, some don't like the graphics, but they are NOT distracting. A very fun game that moves quickly...players rank from children, to new players, to experienced players....you get all kinds on this site....You can help mentor some that want that mentoring, and you might even learn from someone better than you....I've made quite a few new friendships with these games....no rating system which is good in one way (I don't get all upset over losses!) Definitely a great buy!
Wish I Could Have a Record of the Games!
This is a great app idea, decently executed- but there are a couple things that would improve it considerably.
First, if you could email the move list of a game to yourself after a game was finished that would be awesome. There are some games I've played on this app I'd really like to remember.
Also, it should be easier to scroll back through past moves without accidentally re-setting it back to the latest position.
Love playing chess, though. This lets me do that. With friends.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 26, 2013
- Version: 4.18
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zynga Mobile
- © 2013 Zynga Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.