Brought to you by the makers of Words with Friends, New Chess With Friends is the most social and engaging way to play Chess on an iPhone and iPad. Connect with friends and family or easily discover new opponents from the active Chess With Friends community.
Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Already a Chess With Friends player? All your games, friends, stats carry over into this new version.
Download New Chess with Friends and start playing today!
• CONNECT with Facebook to play family and friends
• DISCOVER new opponents with Smart Match or challenging who's Playing Now
• TRACK your record, skill rating, and head-to-head stats to improve your game play
• CUSTOMIZE your board and pieces in the theme selector
• CLIMB the global leaderboard and compare your performance to the best
• RELIVE the glory or despair by replaying moves in existing and past games
• CHAT with your friends or opponents while you play
• CUSTOMIZE your board with beautiful background themes and pieces
• PLAY multiple games at once across multiple mobile platforms
• COMPATIBLE with previous versions - Your friends and games carry over
* Play New Chess With Friends without third party ads between moves if you previously purchased the ad-free version of Chess With Friends on iOS. Be sure to login with Facebook or the email account you used to make the previous purchase to continue to play without third party ads between moves.
Already a fan? Join our active communities to discuss the game, give feedback, or find new friends to play
• Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
• The game is free to play, however in-app purchase are available for additional content and premium currency. In-app purchases range from $0.99 to $99.99.
• This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
• Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
• Must be 13+ to play.
• Use of this application requires a Facebook or Games With Friends account.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Decent Gameplay AWFUL Reliability
It is a simple easy to use app. It doesn’t have any frills such as game analysis or options for playing under certain time controls, but I don’t think those things would have really fit within the scope of this app anyway. This app is literally a way to play casual games of chess as though you were at home with a friend use a real board and pieces.
The biggest problem with this app is its reliability; for some reason games constantly get corrupted destroying the game, it happens to me daily. You would think that an app with so few frills would at least be highly reliable, but that isn’t the case.
If the underlying issues which cause games to become corrupted can’t be fixed then a mechanism should be put in place to automatically create a new game using the last position of the corrupted game. Even after a game becomes corrupted you can still go back and look at all the moves for that game therefore the last position of the corrupted game is available and creating a new game using that position would be a simple task.
The Best Chess App👍
It’s simple and easy to understand. You get leaderboards from skill to wins, and you get to play unlimited games with people. It’s simple, easy to play and learn chess multiplayer, and has options to play a solo match’s against computerized opponents to strengthen your skills on both white and black. I’ve honestly strengthened my skills at this board game just from this app. The only money you’ll pay for it would be to remove ads or get another board for 99 cents, which is a lot better than spending 8 dollars on just boards, stats, etc. The only thing I crave to be added to the app is more positive ratings☑️
Unreliable and ugly
Unlike Words With Friends, Chess With Friends looks bad and barely works at all. One has to pay for any appearance other than the default, even though one has to tolerate an advert after submitted no each move. But the real disgrace is that games get corrupted incredibly frequently. I've been playing for about a week and in that time fully half of the games have become corrupted at some point, meaning that further play is impossible and one is left hanging unable to complete. It's hard to understand how corruption is even possibly given that the move history and opponent data is still fully available. What could not be reconstructed from that? Frustrating. I'm switching to some other internet chess app. This is painful.
- Zynga Mobile
- 93.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Zynga Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- No More Third Party Ads $9.99
- Newspaper Theme $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.