By Christophe Théron
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
▻ Do you want to learn or improve at chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
CHESS is EASY, guaranteed to improve your chess, and you will not have to read any boring lesson!
How does it work? It's really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, but the 4 best moves.
Sounds silly? Well think about it... How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that's the most effective way to learn!
CHESS allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
CHESS is also great for ADVANCED PLAYERS: it includes 4500 grandmaster games you can study with the incredible analysis feature, you can save your games, send them by email, import games from any other app, and the built-in Chess Tiger engine can also play at the level of a world champion if you want it to!
THIS APP IS CLEAN: is doesn't display any ad banners.
What's New in Version 2013.09
This is a HUGE update!
- Compatible with iOS 7
- All optimal screen sizes and resolutions for all devices are supported.
- The trainer chess engine is much stronger (now goes to 3000 USCF Elo instead of only 2100).
- 22 new trainer levels, so the app now offers 50 trainer levels ranging from 100 to 3000 USCF Elo.
- New 2 players mode: the pieces rotate so that they always face the player who is going to play.
- A collection of Bobby Fischer's games (more than 800 games!).
- The maximum analysis time has been extended to 3 hours per move
- You can have suggestions automatically turned off after you have played your move.
- You can try to make an illegal move, and the app tells you why it is not legal.
- When you load a game, the app asks you if you want to see the start or the end of the game.
- You can hide the clocks.
- The app is more friendly for people with color vision deficiency.
- A new option allows you to say if you want to see what move comes next when you replay a game.
- The current playing mode is always displayed on the main screen.
- You can change the app's language independently of your device's settings.
- You can activate or disable the device's auto-off when you play chess.
- And a lot more…
If chess is what you're looking for...look no further
Let's be real, it's still just chess. There are no crosshairs to target evil death through, no shredded wheat bodied babes exploring caves with their breastisies hanging out...and nothing explodes, except my wife's head when I didn't let on that a pawn becomes a queen when it gets into her end zone. That was awesome, it was like watching her soul die and light on fire at the same time...all over stupid chess. We are on vacation in Munich...in late November... Seriously people, if you're going to go somewhere in November, go somewhere warm. But, getting drunk and eating schnitzel, then stumbling home for a chess challenge because she's closed for business this week, is a good way to pass the time. Nice job iPad chess...I have no idea how you compare to other chess apps because I had a life in high school (by having a life I mean I was not part of chess club...needed that time to turn my parent's house into something forever unclean). Also, I like the highlighting of threats and opportunities, helps a noob spank the tablet.
Mad love for chess free
I've always wanted to develop an understanding for the game of chess so I've downloaded apps to practice with but after playing against the computer and getting your backside handed to you almost every game (okay every game) you become to get a little disillusioned... Like easy mode? Yea right!!! I absolutely love how this game shows you the suggested moves and it highlights in read your pieces that are in danger. and I especially love that you have the option to turn these modes on and off on the main game screenno need to access the menu and scroll through options and manually turn it off the buttons are right there where your playing the game very convenient. In a summary I love this app I love the fact that I found it in there just helping me become a better chessplayer thank you guys very much keep up the good work!
Solid teaching but needs better basics
ability to save game
Ability to download other scenarios
Can easily change the graphics
Love love love Suggestion button
Very simple to use
You can choose what level you play at from beginner to world champion
Credit system discourages trying more difficult levels
(although in this full version I'm sure you don't have this issue)
No training scenarios
Excellent basic trainer. It really is very good and you can play a lot of easy level games and keep your credits but...
1: that's my issue. The credit system encourages you to stay on lower levels you know you can beat so you don't really test your skill against harder levels unless you're willing to lose your credits.
2: need more training scenarios like four or five pieces on the board and it should give you Two or three moves to solve that scenario (I should point out that I am not sure the game does not have this option as I have not looked through the entire program thoroughly)
One aspect I do love is the choice to have a suggestion. If you're stumped hitting suggestion button helps you see things from a different perspective which in itself is a very good training tool.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 18, 2013
- Version: 2013.09
- Size: 26.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Christophe THERON
- © 1994-2013 C. THERON
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.