Chess, For Two. Play chess with a friend, right in iMessage on your iPhone or iPad. No setup, no account, no sign-on, no ads. One tap and you're playing.
‣ Challenge a friend to a new game, right from an existing conversation.
‣ Play without leaving iMessage.
‣ Continue your conversation between each move. Send messages, emoji, and stickers. Talk smack!
‣ Chess42 highlights legal moves for each piece, helping beginner players.
‣ VoiceOver support to assist vision-impaired players.
‣ Fast, easy and fun.
‣ No signup, no setup, no ads, no additional purchases required.
‣ Both iPhone and iPad supported with same download. Buy once and play on all of your devices.
Start playing chess with your friends today!
‣ Improved chess piece design on iOS 12.1 and later.
Ratings and Reviews
Requires 2 purchases
Be aware that your friend also needs to purchase this app for it to work! This should really be clearly laid out upfront. I’m going to ask for a refund as a result.
Suggestion for improvement
I actually like this app better than the other all on the message store right now. I like how it tells you the last move you made by board position, it really helps you learn the system.
It would be nice if there was a way to play the game by calling board positions and have the computer act as a moderator for moves. So if I called D1-H5 as the first move for white, it would tell me "you can't do that because there's a pawn in the way!" The computer could also act as an aid by letting you "cheat" persay and look at the board when you get lost.
For the second idea, I love chess, but I would like a way to pick up from a physical game where I left off. There needs to be a way to set up a board from scratch. This would also allow people to make 'thought problems' for friends to solve like "see if you can checkmate in two" kind of things.
I put my friend in check mate. The app does not let me know I won. It lets my fiend know I won. There should be feedback letting me know i won. Revised.. took a little time but eventually let me know I won
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.