Chess Pro - with coach
By Christophe Théron
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
▻ ▻ ▻ Special offer: 50% off TODAY !!! (normal price US$19.99/19.99€/£19.99)
▻ Do you want to learn or improve at chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
It's EASY, and you can start right now!
How does it work? It's really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, HE SHOWS YOU THE 4 BEST MOVES!
Sounds silly? Well think about it... How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that's the most effective way to learn!
Chess PRO allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
In two minutes you start learning effortlessly. You start having fun immediately, and notice after just a few games that the right moves come to your mind naturally, as if they were obvious.
If it still sounds incredible, please read the reviews. Chess PRO has one of the highest customer satisfaction of the App Store!
Chess PRO is the only chess coach of this kind, and is also one of the MOST COMPLETE chess apps for players of all levels.
• The rules of chess are included and easily accessible for reference.
• Just tap on a piece and the app shows you its legal moves.
• If a move is not allowed, the app tells you why.
• Suggestions: Chess PRO can watch over your shoulder and suggest 4 excellent moves.
• Chess PRO can tell you when you can mate your opponent, so you can look for the winning move by yourself.
• Chess PRO can warn you when your opponent is about to play a very dangerous move.
• 50 trainer levels of increasing difficulty designed to improve your chess skills are provided.
• The chess engine is of very high quality, the guarantee to learn from a good professor.
• Naturally Chess PRO knows and applies perfectly all the official rules of chess.
• Both USCF and FIDE rating scales are supported.
• Chess PRO has the Chess Tiger engine built in. It is currently one of the strongest chess engines for mobile devices.
• On current devices it reaches an incredible 2900 Elo (world champion).
• Chess PRO (Chess Tiger engine) has been ranked twice as the strongest chess engine on the SSDF list (the worldwide recognized and independent computer's rating list).
• You can save your games in collections and replay them later.
• You can exchange games with your friends very easily by email (send and receive).
• You can use iTunes to add games collections to the app. You will find many collections in PGN format for free on the internet!
• You can set up any position.
• The chess engine displays its thinking, up to 20 plies ahead.
• You can analyze a game by replaying it. Chess PRO tells you when a bad move has been played by coloring it in red. The 4 best moves in every position are colored in green.
• Chess PRO supports variations and allows you to test "What if..." scenarios without erasing your current game.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
• 15 gorgeous predefined visual themes that you can customize.
• 9 chess pieces sets (wood, ebony & ivory, metal, glass, …).
• 14 board styles (marble, blue marble, wood, metal, stone, …).
• A collection of more than 6000 famous games of the greatest players of all times.
• "Reload last game" allows you to retrieve the most recent game, even if you have forgotten to save it.
• 4 different playing styles, ranging from the quiet to suicidal, which you can apply to all the levels.
• Includes an opening book of more than one million moves (can be turned off).
• Many customization options (graphics, sounds, engine output…).
THIS APP IS "CLEAN": it does not display any ad.
What's New in Version 2017.01
- More customized styles.
- Improved chess engine.
- New friendly features and options.
While it isn't the strongest chess app (stockfish and smallfish easily beat this app) it is still strong enough to crush everyone I know, and I know some good chess players (nationally ranked players to be more specific). This app is unparalleled as a training app, which is why I love it. It's playing strength ranges from moving at random to grand master precision on a spectrum of 50 different levels, which it makes it easy to improve one small step at a time. Analyze your games after you play them to see what good moves you missed. Analyze thousands of included grandmaster games to learn literally from the best. Customize the layout to an astonishing degree (you can customize just about anything you might want from a huge list of options on the settings page). Sometimes this app is wrong and the opening book isn't spectacularly large or diverse, which is why I would also recommend downloading smallfish (which uses the stockfish engine), but the chess tiger engine (which this app uses) is still much much better than you, and you can still improve your chess thanks to the spectacular features on this app.
Gentleman are you...?
So you say you're a "true gentleman". You open doors for ladies. You speak only when you're spoken to. You say please and thank you. You have a firm handshake. You know how to change a flat tire. You know how to cook. You know how to make a great cocktail. You help those in need...BUT...Do you know how to play chess?
Well then ladies and gentleman, STEP RIGHT UP, this app will get you or your man in your life to get you where you ought to be. Rubbing elbows with the greatest of the greatest like, Einstein, Bobby Fischer, Benjamin Franklin, Charlie Chaplin, Mahatma Ghandi, The most interesting man in the world, and Snoop Dogg. All these great men have enjoyed a great game of chess with someone in their lifetime. Possibly with a joint in their hand, I see you BenFrank! Download this app and play it everyday! When you wake up. During lunch. Before you go to sleep. And believe me, in about a week, your name will be amongst those great men I mentioned earlier. As Seinfeld once said, "The Pin Is Mightier Than The Sword" or was that Reinfeld?
As you play against the app, each time you decide what your next move would be (and before you make that move) you ask the app to show you the best move you could make. Often, I find that my chosen move is not the best, although it is not clear why. I then make the recommended move, and discover (over the next couple of moves) why that recommendation was made. As you get better, you find that your move more often matches the app's recommended move. You can then move the quality of play up a notch, and find yourself playing a more challenging opponent. This incremental approach (combined with the app's play-by-play tutoring) is a really GREAT way to learn how to play better chess. If you truly want to become a better chess player, this app is well worth the price.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 06, 2017
- Version: 2017.01
- Size: 43.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Christophe THERON
- © 1994-2017 by Chris THERON
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.