Chester Comix: The Battle of Britain
By Chester Comix
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This graphic adventure shows the battle that finally stopped Adolf Hitler's war machine as it swallowed Europe 70 years ago! Chester the Crab puts you right in the cockpit to describe the struggle of democratic nations against fascist nations trying to supply easy answers at the end of a gun. This colorful graphic novel in digital form will excite reluctant readers, prepare students for standardized tests in history, and help homeschooling parents!
* ABOUT THE AUTHOR -- Bentley Boyd graduated from Harvard University in 1990 with a degree in History and Literature. He has been a professional cartoonist for 15 years and is a passionate advocate for the use of the graphic novel format to enliven non-fiction material for young readers. Boyd lives in Williamsburg, Virginia, and makes full use of the surrounding historical resources to research, write and draw his books.
* ABOUT CHESTER COMIX -- Since 2003 Chester Comix LLC has offered graphic history adventures to young people. It currently has 28 titles in print reaching from Ancient Greece, Rome and Africa up to the Civil Rights movement in the United States in the 1960s; sample pages are viewable at www.chestercomix.com.
* APP FEATURES -- Panel by panel views; a story twice as long as the version that appears in the paperback comic "
World War 2 Tales;" pop-up windows to websites that give more detailed information about the scenes in the story; scroll bar for fast page navigation in forward or reverse; app remembers last page viewed and takes you automatically there when you restart.
What's New in Version 1.1
* Updated the Chester links to more applicable content
* Fixed a minor issue with the loading screen panel
* Updated the iTunes App Store artwork
* Modified the story description
Thank you for reading The Battle of Britain!
Love the format
This is our first Chester comic but I,m sure it won,t be our last. I love how each panel is shown separately - eliminates the busyness you usually find in comics and which would be a problem for my kids. Please put the geography comic on iTunes!!
Lacking any features
I was excited to see this history comic book as an app. However, it was rather a disappointment as it lacks features. First of all, it is in iPhone format which is rather annoying to read on an iPad. Next, there are no features such as highlighting with narration. Even if they would just narrate it, without highlighting, it would be better. Kids who like to read these types of comics, have often reading issues and get no relief using this app. you can only go forward, no bookmarking, and no go to a chapter. Too bad.
This is so funny
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 13, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chester Comix LLC
- © Chester Comix
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.