Chicago Bike Guide
By Steven Vance
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Chicago Bike Guide is the best way to navigate Chicago's vast network of bikeways and cool destinations.
* Get trip directions
* Find available Divvy bikes and docks
* Read what other cyclists are posting on The Chainlink, Tumblr, Instagram, Flickr, and Twitter
* Get notices of important events, news, and street conditions
You can design your own route, get a suggested route, or discover new ways to get from A to B on streets with bikeways or on trails. Find the nearest Divvy bike sharing station.
Get directions from your location to any of the embedded points of interest, trailheads, recommended burrito joints, and train and bus stations (Amtrak, Greyhound, and Megabus). With a link to ETAChicago, see when buses and trains are arriving at your current location or any of the points of interest, including at all train and bus stations. Find any point of interest, venue, or restaurant with Foursquare.
The map shows you all area off-street trails, every type of bike lane, streets with sharrows, and the slow service drives lining each boulevard. Trails included are:
-Des Plaines River Trail
-Illinois Prairie Path
-Chicago Lakefront Trail
-Evanston Lakefront Trail
-Major Taylor Trail
-North Branch Trail
-North Shore Channel Trail
What's New in Version 0.9.0
* Completely redesigned home screen
* Divvy station status updates faster than ever
* Get directions to the nearest two Divvy stations almost immediately
* Find campgrounds you can bike to!
* Faster switching between sort methods on stations and places pages
* View weather in Fahrenheit and Celsius
* Get turn-by-turn directions
* See all #bikeCHI photos, from Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr, and Twitter
* More Amtrak information: which routes have walk-on bike service and which stations serve these routes
* More Amtrak stations
* Tells you when Divvy goes offline (for inclement weather)
* Open House Chicago link
* Better-quality bicycling directions
* Sort points of interest (now called Places) by category
* More burrito joints
This version of the Chicago Bike Guide comes with a new, flat design, performance improvements, and the fastest Divvy status load times.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 11, 2014
- Version: 0.9.0
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Steven Vance
- © Steven Vance
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.