Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago news
By Tribune Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Chicago Tribune's premium storytelling on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• Stay in the know: Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom
• Section-to-section swiping: Easily browse through section fronts without leaving your page
• Customizable navigation: Add, remove or rearrange sections organized by topic
• Save for later: Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• “Unlimited Digital Access” subscription (includes app and web access for all your devices) costs $7.99 per month.
• “News Apps Only” subscription (includes all iOS devices) costs $4.99 per month.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged (either $4.99 or $7.99) for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to chicagotribune.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 312-442-0007.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
What's New in Version 4.2
I've begun reading the daily paper again
I love the Tribune. It has become my first source to turn to for all my news. Between the morning edition and the evening update, I find this is one of the most easily justified expenditures I have. Please keep up the terrific work by continuing to deliver this quality newspaper & I will continue subscribing!
a three second ad delay
As a subscriber, whatever has recently changed, when I open the app there is a screen that, with the exception of the word advertisement, is blank and a three second countdown.
Try harder not to annoy the people who still pay for your award-winning journalism.
Not user friendly
Wanted a lower cost alternative to my print subscription, but, this app is too frustrating and not useful to me. The enewspaper content does not come through-just a blank page and this app jammed/froze my access to the App Store. With today's technology I thought the Trib would have a better product.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 48.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Tribune Company
- © 2016 Chicago Tribune
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- News Apps Only$4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access$7.99
- Premium Story Credits$0.99