Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Chicago Tribune's premium storytelling on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• Stay in the know: Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, chicagotribune.com, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to chicagotribune.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 312-442-0007.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at email@example.com. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
Don’t have time to read an article sent in a push notification when the story breaks? Don’t worry; our new Notifications Center is easily accessible from the top of the sections menu, listing all the recent alerts from the topics you’ve signed up to follow.
Tend to multitask? Now if you tap to play a video, it will minimize to a smaller view if you scroll down to scan the story’s text, allowing you to keep an eye on both. Done with the video? Just tap “Close,” and it’ll pause and hide from view until you scroll back to the top.
Ratings and Reviews
Tribune subscriber for 20+ years. I’ve called them. All they can suggest is delete and reinstall. Been there; done that - no better. I’m done. This app glitches, freezes, restarts, won’t open. C’mon Tribune Company. We’re paying for this, we’re subscribers. E news isn’t the future, it’s the present. Get it right.
Bad app, worse customer service
It used to work fine, now more than half of the time I try to view an article, it locks up and after several minutes, shuts down.
‘Reinstall’ they say and blame the device. Ok. Subscription canceled.
Great until ads started playing w sound
I was liking the app until video ads started playing with sound. I’m a paid subscriber . Is this a joke? I immediately deleted it.
- Tribune Company
- 105.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Chicago Tribune
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- News Apps Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.