Chill Remote gives you a remote control for Netflix, Amazon Prime, iPlayer, YouTube, Vimeo and Hulu
- If you watch on your computer
- If you use Chrome
- If you'd like a remote control
Then Chill Remote is for you.
It's incredibly easy to set up - you can control any computer. It is perfect for your media center, or if you plug your computer into a TV or Projector.
You get all the controls you expect; Play Pause, Seeking, Volume, Fullscreen, plus you can browse on your iDevice.
You can even control what is playing from a Today Widget on your lockscreen
We add the 'What was that?' control. It winds back 20 seconds, turns on the subtitles, plays on and then disables the subtitles after 20 seconds. Perfect for checking unclear dialogue.
Browse Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, iPlayer, Vimeo or Amazon Prime on your iDevice and when you find what you want to watch - just click play. It will start playing on your computer as if by magic :)
The Netflix browsing functionality even includes easy access to Neflix's 'secret' content codes to make it even easier to find something new to watch.
Vimeo gives you easy category browsing, and iPlayer gives you quick access to channels, categories and even radio stations.
-Any Windows, Mac or ChromeBook device running a current version of Chrome
Please note: Hobbyist Software is not in any way affiliated to - or endorsed by Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, iPlayer Amazon Prime or any of the other supported streaming sites. We just built a remote and browser extension which allows you to control their websites from your iDevice. You will still need to have a normal subscription with these services to access their videos.
Chill Remote is supported through an auto-renewing subscription which you can choose to purchase within the app.
• The subscription is called 'Chill Subscription'
• It is a monthly or annual subscription. It lets you use the server which connects your iDevice with the computer you are controlling. If you subscribe, then you will be able to use all commands including browsing for an unlimited number of devices.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Improved browsing for Hulu
Ratings and Reviews
This app should not be $1.99, it’s not worth it. It worked twice for me when I first downloaded it and after that it stopped working. Also, you have to subscribe to get some features. Would not recommend.
Developer Response ,
Hi Sonja - I'll be happy to help you figure out what is up.
You can email me directly from within the app.
- Hobbyist Software Limited
- 72.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Hobbyist Software Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Control - Monthly $1.99
- Full Control - Annual $9.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.