Chimani helps you plan, navigate, discover and socialize on your next national park adventure.
* Works without a cell/wifi connection (because there usually isn't one in the park!)
* Collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest
* Expert-written details on more than 400 unique points of interest (POIs)
* Professionally voiced 35-minute audio-guided auto tour
* Descriptions of more than 45 hiking trails
* GPS-enabled map that works without a cell/wifi connection and downloadable for offline use
* Calendar of Ranger-led events
* Sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
* Photo gallery with more than 100 park images
* Detailed schedules for park's free Island Explorer shuttle bus
* Information on museums, restrooms, picnicking, in-park transportation, bicycling, and other in-park activities
* "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
* Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols
* Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events
* Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national and state parks, visit www.chimani.com.
Requires an initial Internet connection to download photos and offline map (either Wifi or cellular).
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Acadia app
We loved the downloaded map and hiking information which helped in picking which trails to hike with different family members. We had no cellular service in most of the park and the offline maps were great and we could see where we were on the trail and how steep it was ahead. Not all the trails are marked on the minimal map so I'd recommend downloading the full map if you have good wifi before your trip.
Accurate guidebook and map.
This app was good enough for me as trail map. In at least one case, it was more accurate that the NPS sign. It would be helpful to have a scale on the map and measured distances for trail segments. Great app; definitely recommend.
Good content, fun to explore with the kids. Learned a couple of things I didn't know about Acadia from the information and 100 mile section. If your headed to Acadia it's worth downloading.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.