Chimani helps you plan, navigate, discover and socialize on your next national park adventure.
* Collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest
* Expert-written details on more than 160 unique points of interest (POIs)
* Professionally voiced audio-guided auto tour
* Tidal schedules for all the park beaches
* GPS-enabled map that works without a cell/wifi connection and downloadable for offline use
* Calendar of Ranger-led events
* Sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
* Photo gallery with more than 100 park images
* Descriptions of the park’s most popular hiking trails
* Information on restrooms, picnicking, bicycling, and other in-park activities
* "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
* Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols
* Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events
* Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com.
Requires an initial Internet connection to download photos and offline map (either Wifi or cellular).
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
This is a great resource for anyone trying to make the most of their time on the Cape and within the National Seashore. Whether you are hiking or biking, exploring lighthouses or lounging on the beach... this app will inform you and get you where you want to be. Ranger events, museums, picnics, tides and sunsets/sunrises... it's all here, and the high res interactive map is pretty cool.
Heading to the Cape prepared
I'm heading to Cape Cod in a couple weeks with my children. I'm so excited to come upon Chimani's application this morning. So much right at my fingertips. And while I'm driving my kids will have fun previewing where we're headed. Can't wait to arrive and start exploring!
This is a pretty good app. It is just for the National Seashore part of the Cape, it list sall the beaches, hiking trails and sights. Lots of good info, like beach permits, tides & sunsets.
The map is detailed in the trails, but if you want a full road map, use the map app that came with your phone.
This app was free during National Parks Week.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.