Chimani helps you plan, navigate, discover and socialize on your next national park adventure.
* collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest
* expert-written details on more than 270 unique points of interest (POIs)
* a professionally voiced 35-minute audio-guided auto tour
* GPS-enabled map that works without a cell/wifi connection and downloadable for offline use
* calendar of Ranger-led events
* sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
* photo gallery with more than 50 park images
* descriptions of more than 15 hiking trails
* information on restrooms, picnicking, bicycling, and other in-park activities
* "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
* Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols
* Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events
* Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com.
Requires an initial Internet connection to download photos and offline map (either Wifi or cellular).
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Very Good Local Park App
The only thing that could improve upon this app, is a topographical-hybrid maps version, that integrates trail features with terrain info. Also, it would be good to have latest updates (both on the map, as well as in a news section) to show which trails are closed.
Very nicely done app with lots of options. A neat feature is the reading of the descriptions which is useful on the auto tours and hikes so that no one has to stop and read them.
Best CVNP app by far!!
This app gets better with each update! The latest version looks great, and offers a very comprehensive guide. The augmented reality feature is really fun. Highly recommend
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.