Chimani helps you plan, navigate, discover and socialize on your next national park adventure.
* Works without a cell/wifi connection (because there usually isn't one in the park!)
* Collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest
* Expert-written details on more than 300 unique points of interest (POIs)
* Professionally voiced 60-minute audio-guided auto tour
* GPS-enabled maps that work without a cell/wifi connection and can be custom edited and annotated
* Calendar of Ranger-led events
* Sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
* Photo gallery with more than 126 park images
* Descriptions of more than 45 hiking trails
* Information on restrooms, picnicking, bicycling, and other in-park activities
* "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
* Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols
* Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events
* Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national and state parks, visit www.chimani.com.
Requires an initial Internet connection to download photos and offline map (either Wifi or cellular).
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
First time using
A very informative app. It does a great job of describing both the complexity and the scenery of the trails. I used it this past weekend. Only thing I'd change is that it would give directions when trying to access trails. Some road names were not listed on the map.
Really good app!
I've used a few other Chimani apps & really REALLY liked the GSM app. Good insights, directions & mostly accurate descriptions. Some of the hikers are not as easy or moderate as referenced as conditions have changed over the years (fire and/or rain or both). Overall I give it a "well done."
I didn't have a map driving into the GSMNP today, and used this app to help
Me find my way around. Very useful. Love that it uses gps, when in map mode. Didn't need cell service. Really helpful! I used it to locate visitors centers and trails. Again, very helpful!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.