Chimani helps you plan, navigate, discover and socialize on your next national park adventure.
* Works without a cell/wifi connection (because there usually isn't one in the park!)
* Collect points and earn badges for visiting parks and points of interest
* Expert-written details on more than 230 unique points of interest (POIs)
* GPS-enabled map that works without a cell/wifi connection and downloadable for offline use
* Calendar of Ranger-led events
* Sunrise/sunsets times and top viewing locations
* Photo gallery with more than 100 park images
* Descriptions of more than 25 hiking trails
* Information on museums, restrooms, picnicking, in-park transportation, bicycling, and other in-park activities
* "Where Am I?" locator function for the entire park (note: does not work on non-GPS enabled devices)
Other features include:
• Easy-to-use interface with menus based on universal national park symbols.
• Push notifications for park-related news, alerts, and events.
• Lightning-fast search engine to quickly find information.
• Tag your favorite park sights.
• Collect points and earn badges for checking in at parks and points of interest, tagging your favorites, and recording parks you’ve already visited.
For more details on this and other Chimani apps for the national parks, visit www.chimani.com. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/chimani and Facebook at www.facebook.com/chimani
*** This app requires an initial Internet connection to download photos (either Wifi or cellular). ****
This is our last update of this app. We are moving all content and functionality over to our main app - National Parks by Chimani.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for planning
I was in RMNP for the first time last week, and used this app as the basis for my planning. It was great to be able to sort for hikes and scenic spots that would be most appropriate for my young family and what we were up for each day! Combine this with the park's FB page and the paper pamphlet they give you on your way in and you have everything you need for a first time trip. I can't say how useful it would be for serious hikers as that was not my intention this time around. I will definitely be using their other apps for other parks in the future!
Useful for planning
Great little app to plan ahead for your trip. This app alerted me to construction on Bear Lake Road so we were able to avoid it and not waste time sitting in traffic. It also gave a great way to preview different areas of the park so we knew exactly where we wanted to go. Too much to see in RMNP in one trip though!!! We saw about one fourth of what we planned.
Great RMNP Resource!
Rocky Mountain National Park is one of my favorite NPs and is, to me, very underrated. This app is chock full of everything and the map is great for locating what you want to see. It makes me want to go back there again soon. I highly recommend this, and all of the Chimani National Park apps!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.