Chime is one of the fastest-growing bank accounts in the U.S.
Stop paying unnecessary bank fees, get your paycheck 2 days early* with direct deposit, save money automatically, and manage your finances from anywhere using the Chime mobile banking app.
When you bank with Chime, you get a Visa® Debit Card, a Spending Account, and an optional Savings Account to help you save money. Signing up is free and takes less than 2 minutes. Welcome to a better way to bank.
It’s a bank account and debit card built for the digital age. - TechCrunch
Best alternative bank [account]. Unlike other savings apps, Chime doesn’t just want to help save you money — it wants to be your new bank [account]. - Nerdwallet
Here’s what our members love most about Chime:
• Get your paycheck up to 2 days early with direct deposit*
• No unnecessary fees (no service fees, no foreign transaction fees)
• Over 30,000 fee-free Moneypass ATMs
• No minimum balance requirements
• No overdraft
• Real time transaction notifications
• Daily balance alerts
• Block your card instantly in-app
• Grow your savings automatically with our Savings Account
• Send money to family & friends instantly with Pay Friends
• Deposit checks using Mobile Check Deposit
• Apple PayTM for when you forget your wallet
• Move money between your other bank accounts
• EMV chip card security
• Friendly and responsive customer support
With the Chime mobile banking app, you can stay in control of your money. Track your spending, link your other bank accounts, and save money.
How to switch banks:
• Step 1: Open Your Account: Download the app and sign up. Once approved, we’ll send you your Chime card within two weeks!
• Step 2: Fund Your Account: Set up direct deposit with your employer to have funds deposited to your Chime account every payday. You can also connect other bank accounts and transfer funds from your existing bank account.
• Step 3: Update Bill Payments: Activate your card when it arrives, add it to Apple Pay, and set up recurring bill payments with your Chime card number or with your Chime account and routing numbers.
Opening a Chime bank account won’t impact your credit score. For more information please visit www.chimebank.com.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Banking Services provided by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC. The Chime Visa® Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
*Faster access to funds is based on a comparison of traditional banking policies and deposit of paper checks from employers and government agencies versus deposits made electronically. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds are subject to payer’s support of the feature and timing of payer’s funding.
• Invite your friends to Chime more easily than ever
• Navigate the app more intuitively through improved icons and buttons
• Plus lots of other small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I use this more that my brick and mortar bank
So I really do like this bank, but who wouldn’t like getting paid two days early?(also, referral is awesome as well) a few things i absolutely HATE about it that knocked the two stars off are these:
1. If you send money to someone and the don’t have a chime account, they have to create a chime account and then can only access the money after they get a debit card, which takes WEEKS.
2. This is sort of tied to the first one, but they should allow you to access the money right away, like give you a temporary card number, so you can add it to Apple Pay or SOMETHING. Why would I want to put money into an account when it takes weeks to get access to it. Also, you can’t even link another bank account to chime without having a chime debit card so there is absolutely no way of getting your money at all.
3. I really hate the cash deposit system, I have to pay $4 to put MY money in MY account? No thanks. Now I have to make an extra trip to my other bank, which is way out of my way any time I need to put cash onto a card (I do most of my shopping online since it’s cheaper, so this is a big issue with me).
In spite of these three things, I do like this bank, setting up direct deposit/accessing the account/routing number is a big plus, I also like the automatic savings deposits (they’ve actually come in handy quite a few times). I just wish the above issues could be resolved.
I'm pushing it on all my friends!
I read the other reviews and honestly, I LOVE Chime for the simple fact that I haven't had to deal with any of the BS. Never had to call customer service...why you ask? Because I've never had an overdraft or a random fee or a weird "surcharge" or anything at all that required assistance! This bank is sooooo simple it's exactly what I/we need in this very busy chaotic life. Direct deposit is great-I love how you can pull up your routing and account number and just copy/paste from there to pay bills or whatever you need. When I had to get that info from my bank had to sign my soul away bc I didn't have a check to reference! Speaking of checks.... Why has no one mentioned Chimes check mailing feature? Granted checks are very unpopular these dad we all have THAT ONE bill or one thing that we have to pay with a check... Pop on the app, fill out the "pay to" and amount and your check is on its way (issued from Bank of America- don't ask don't tell it works it's money and my rent gets paid), don't forget that THIS IS FREE you don't even pay the .50 postage! The app itself is just so user friendly that my grandmother could teach herself. Anyway, love Chime please don't go anywhere and help me get my friends and family on board!
Love this card but....
I’ve had this card for two years and for every job I had, I was paid 2 days early. A lot of people complain how they’re not receiving their paychecks on time however, it depends on how soon your employer releases the check. Once it’s released, Chime then releases the funds to you. A downfall with Chime is that it’s not supported by other apps the way PNC, Wells Fargo and other major banks. Apps such as Earnin, PayPal do not support integration with Chime (Bancorp Bank.) Another downfall of Chime is the inability to have any design or template on the card. Chime recently released a limited edition all black card for customers who refer 5 friends/coworkers etc to sign up for Chime and have these 5 people have a direct deposit into their account. My white card gets very dirty. I would love to see Chime switch to a black and green interface. Lastly, if your card is lost, stolen or compromised, they will close your account temporarily and send you a new debit card however the wait time to receive the debit card through your daily mail takes forever or feels like forever at least. These are things that I would like to see from Chime change especially because I love Chime and I want to remain a loyal customer to Chime! Customer service is usually friendly and very responsive. Thank you Chime for giving me the early paydays!
- 1debit Inc.
- 54.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Chime
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.