Chime is one of the fastest-growing bank accounts in the U.S.
Stop paying unnecessary bank fees, get your paycheck 2 days early* with direct deposit, save money automatically, and manage your finances from anywhere using the Chime mobile banking app.
When you bank with Chime, you get a Visa® Debit Card, a Spending Account, and an optional Savings Account to help you save money. Signing up is free and takes less than 2 minutes. Welcome to a better way to bank.
It’s a bank account and debit card built for the digital age. - TechCrunch
Best alternative bank [account]. Unlike other savings apps, Chime doesn’t just want to help save you money — it wants to be your new bank [account]. - Nerdwallet
Here’s what our members love most about Chime:
• Get your paycheck up to 2 days early with direct deposit*
• No unnecessary fees (no service fees, no foreign transaction fees)
• Over 30,000 fee-free Moneypass ATMs
• No minimum balance requirements
• No overdraft
• Real time transaction notifications
• Daily balance alerts
• Block your card instantly in-app
• Grow your savings automatically with our Savings Account
• Send money to family & friends instantly with Pay Friends
• Deposit checks using Mobile Check Deposit
• Apple PayTM for when you forget your wallet
• Move money between your other bank accounts
• EMV chip card security
• Friendly and responsive customer support
With the Chime mobile banking app, you can stay in control of your money. Track your spending, link your other bank accounts, and save money.
How to switch banks:
• Step 1: Open Your Account: Download the app and sign up. Once approved, we’ll send you your Chime card within two weeks!
• Step 2: Fund Your Account: Set up direct deposit with your employer to have funds deposited to your Chime account every payday. You can also connect other bank accounts and transfer funds from your existing bank account.
• Step 3: Update Bill Payments: Activate your card when it arrives, add it to Apple Pay, and set up recurring bill payments with your Chime card number or with your Chime account and routing numbers.
Opening a Chime bank account won’t impact your credit score. For more information please visit www.chimebank.com.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Banking Services provided by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC. The Chime Visa® Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
*Faster access to funds is based on a comparison of traditional banking policies and deposit of paper checks from employers and government agencies versus deposits made electronically. Direct Deposit and earlier availability of funds are subject to payer’s support of the feature and timing of payer’s funding.
• Find your contacts by searching for their Chime username in Pay Friends
• Plus lots of small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I use this more that my brick and mortar bank
So I really do like this bank, but who wouldn’t like getting paid two days early?(also, referral is awesome as well) a few things i absolutely HATE about it that knocked the two stars off are these:
1. If you send money to someone and the don’t have a chime account, they have to create a chime account and then can only access the money after they get a debit card, which takes WEEKS.
2. This is sort of tied to the first one, but they should allow you to access the money right away, like give you a temporary card number, so you can add it to Apple Pay or SOMETHING. Why would I want to put money into an account when it takes weeks to get access to it. Also, you can’t even link another bank account to chime without having a chime debit card so there is absolutely no way of getting your money at all.
3. I really hate the cash deposit system, I have to pay $4 to put MY money in MY account? No thanks. Now I have to make an extra trip to my other bank, which is way out of my way any time I need to put cash onto a card (I do most of my shopping online since it’s cheaper, so this is a big issue with me).
In spite of these three things, I do like this bank, setting up direct deposit/accessing the account/routing number is a big plus, I also like the automatic savings deposits (they’ve actually come in handy quite a few times). I just wish the above issues could be resolved.
Best decision I was forced to make!!
Unfortunately due to a career loss, having to start over and struggling financially for 3 years I had no other choice but to file bankruptcy. I was told by my legal counsel that the bank account I had would potentially freeze my limited funds because one of my credit cards was linked to my checking. They encouraged me to seek a new checking account so I could maintain what money I had. Because my credit was now poor, I was denied by two other banks a checking account. Most big banks now run your credit along with Check Systems to deem you a desirable customer. I researched my options and found Chime on a tech blog. I’m so very glad I found it! It is no frills checking and savings with a super simple app. It’s a traditional debit card in every sense. It’s Visa so you can use it virtually anywhere! Get cash back with groceries. Tons of ATM’s through money pass with NO fees! I know it may not be for everyone, but if you are sick of big banks and all their fees and tactics, I encourage you to give Chime a try. I’m very grateful to have an option like Chime. It saved me a lot of grief at a time when I’m already feeling insurmountable pressure.
If your looking for a mobile bank this is what I recommend. I have tried other ones and so far this is the one I have stuck with. I get paid two days early, wich I love. The app is great and easy to work. I did have an issue with withdrawing money from an ATM machine at US BANK, which is where I go withdraw cash from. I withdrew $400 it gave them to me with that transaction I chose “Print Receipt” so I found out the limit to withdraw is $500. I then started to withdraw $100 more I chose “Not to Print a Receipt” bad idea because then the machine sounded like it was pulling the money and it was ready to dispense. When I get an error message on the screen saying “There was an error dispensing my money to please call my financial institution.” Which I did I called them they asked me for the receipt number which I didn’t have because I chose not to print a receipt. If I had a receipt they could of helped me faster. What happened next was they filed a dispute. I had to print out some forms, fill them out and fax them to them. Then it took 15 business days for them to review and finally credit me back those $100. The good thing is I did get my money back it just took some time.
- 1debit Inc.
- 49.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Chime
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.