Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Chime is a new kind of bank account that lets you manage your finances entirely from your smartphone! The best part? We make the hardest part of managing money easy by helping you save money without thinking about it. When you sign up, you get a Chime Visa Debit Card, an FDIC-insured spending account, and a savings account that pays a 10% bonus on round ups every week. Stop paying unnecessary fees, and start saving more of your hard earned money, without having to work hard at it.
Make the Switch
When you switch to banking with Chime, we’ll help you stay in control and put your savings on autopilot:
• Step 1 / Open Your Account: Download the app, sign up, and enroll in Automatic Savings. We’ll send you a Chime card within 7-10 business days.
• Step 2 / Fund Your Account: Set up direct deposit with your employer to have funds deposited to your Chime account every payday. You can also connect other accounts and transfer funds from your existing bank account for free.
• Step 3 / Update Bill Payments: Activate your card when it arrives and set up recurring bill payments with your Chime card number or using your Chime account and routing numbers.
Save Automatically with Every Swipe
• Enroll in Automatic Savings, and every time you use your Chime card to pay a bill or make a purchase we’ll round up the transaction to the nearest dollar and transfer the round up from your spending account to your savings account. Plus each week Chime pays you a 10% bonus on your round ups for the week.
• Get personalized rewards with instant cash back on bills and select purchases when you pay with your Chime card.
Say Goodbye to Unnecessary Fees
• No minimums or monthly fees, no overdraft, and no surprises.
• ATMs are fee-free at over 24,000 MoneyPass® locations.
Manage All of Your Expenses with Chime
• Your spending account comes with a debit card that can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
• Pay bills using your Chime card number, by providing your routing & account number to the payee, or by mailing a check from the app.
• Link a bank account to deposit funds from your existing bank account for free, or to transfer funds between accounts.
• Use Pay Friends to instantly send money to other Chime members.
Stay In Control & On Top of Your Finances
• Enjoy peace of mind with security you can trust. Deposits are FDIC insured to at least $250,000 through our partner bank, The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.
• Real-time notifications to help you stay on track and in control of your spending with alerts that tell you the moment your card is used to make a purchase.
• If your Chime card is ever lost or stolen, you can temporarily block it from the app or website.
• Need help? Visit our Help Center to find answers to frequently asked questions and contact Member Services through the app.
Many more exciting features are on the way! For more information please visit www.chimebank.com.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.0
Experts recommend having three to six months of expenses in an emergency fund. The best way to do it? Pay yourself first. That means setting aside the money as soon as you receive it. Now Chime gives you the option to automatically transfer 10% of your direct deposits to Savings. Go to: Settings > Automatic Transfers > Save When I Get Paid. When you turn on this feature, we’ll transfer 10% of all direct deposits over $500 to your Savings Account. To stop the automatic transfers, simply turn the setting to OFF at any time.
App and use
I initially saved quite a bit when I first opened this account. Working at a bank myself though I was unable to get direct deposit and mobile check deposits are not possible. You can link a card but you can only transfer from that card three times. I thought it was three times a month but it's only three times period. I put $10 in the savings account and with the round up transfers I was up to almost $30 in no time. I live in a small town that most jobs don't offer direct deposit so if I could do mobile deposits it would be great.