While waxing nostalgic about my old digital watch, I remembered how much I loved having the passage of time marked by an hourly chime. But then I thought, why should all the chimes be the same? For your pleasure, a simple app that provides unique chimes on the hour, half hour, or quarter hour.
You can choose:
• How often to chime
• Start and stop times
As well as select from a number of distinct tones:
• Speech - a human voice announcing the time.
• Simple beep - for the minimalist.
• Musical chords - for those with perfect pitch.
• Roman numotones - equivalent to roman numerals in audio form. High pitched tones for I, deeper for V, deeper still for X
Minor enhancements, support for iPhone 6.
Ratings and Reviews
Great when needed!
I keep my phone on silent always, which disables use of this app - but I love that! That way the app is always on in the background and ready to keep me informed when I turn my volume on to track time (meaning I don’t have to open the app every time I need to turn it on). There are only 3 suggestions:
1. Allow an adjustable time selection like every 1, 5, or 7 minutes etc. if someone needs specific timeframe reminders (seriously, sometimes 15 minutes is too long in between reminders, depending on the project at hand)
2. Add a vibration option (not a pop-up notification) just to keep someone reminded that time is passing
3. Create an Apple Watch version with tap reminders (including adjustable timeframe other than every 15 minutes)
Great app... Sometimes Too Loud
I really like this app, but unfortunately it is set to maximum volume at ALL times, even if the device volume is set to the minimum. Can you PLEASE make it adjust volume with the device? OR just add a volume slider inside the app so that it remains constant at the user-set volume regardless of device volume.
It would also be really great if it could be set to vibrate (a single, short-tone vibration) when the phone is on vibrate mode. that way we get a chime notification that does not interrupt no-sound situations. And of course, have the option to turn vibrate-chime off independently of device volume.
Other than that, great app... perhaps a voice like Cortana, or Hal 9000, or computerized AI, etc. thanks!
Nice phone based, not watch based
I like this app, and have used it for several months.
My main complaint is that it is phone based, not watch based. I wish that a similar app was available on the Apple Watch, with different haptic patterns for different times.
WRT phone app: I like the voice saying the time. I like that it can be configured to say the time just before the hour. I wish how much before the hour could be configured - 2 minutes, 5 minutes, etc. I find it disconcerting to have the app say “9 o’clock”, when it is not yet that time. I wish it could be configured to say “almost 9 o’clock”.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.