By The Rocket Science Group LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MailChimp Import is a simple app that lets you export contacts from your Apple address book to your MailChimp subscriber list.
- View all subscribers from Apple address book, including any pulled from Google Contacts, iCloud, and other sources
- View groups from all sources
- Move contacts to import drop zone via drag and drop
- Use command + right arrow to move subscribers to the import drop zone
- Use command + k to remove all contacts from the import drop zone
- Use delete key to remove a contact from the import drop zone
- Use command + z to undo actions
- Select from account list menu of to choose list for importing contacts
- Search contacts
- Only imports Email, First name and Last name fields
- Single opt-in import
- Updates/overwrites existing data for First name and Last name fields.
- View details of import result
- Copy email addresses that failed to import to the clipboard
MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Fixed OSX Yosemite bug
- Formerly Chimport, the app has been completely rebuilt and rebranded as MailChimp Import
Basic importer works well
I created a list of over sixty contacts to export from Apple Contacts. After accessing my credentials from MailChimp, I simply dragged and dropped into the export pane of the app. A few seconds later it was uploaded, and confirmed on the MailChimp web site. My only gripe is that MailChimp Import only transfers the contact's first name, last name and email address. I’d like to import other details from my contact list, like business name, phone number, or whatever, but the app won’t do that. I’d give an extra star if import fields were more flexible.
Did what it was supposed to do
Worked for Me
This is the first time I used it and it worked fine for me, importing 140 contacts that I selected out of my address book.