If you're studying Mandarin Chinese and tired of boring textbook content, this app is for you. While most story book apps are meant for truly bilingual children (or parents), and aren't designed for actual study of the language, this app is different!
The AllSet Learning Picture Book Reader features:
* Simple swipe controls: swipe up and down on text to toggle, or across on pages to advance the story
* Simplified Chinese (can be switched on/off in settings)
* Traditional Chinese (can be switched on/off in settings)
* Pinyin (but not displayed at the same time as characters)
* Natural English translations by native speakers of English
* Original stories (no more Peter Rabbit, etc.)
* Original, interesting art by professional artists
* Native speaker audio in English and Chinese for all pages
* Free content bundled with the app
* Additional content available through in-app purchase
NOTE: iOS 6 or higher recommended. Using an older version of iOS may create problems with audio. (We're working on a solution for you iPad 1 users!)
Give this app a try and start studying something interesting. If you like what you see, support AllSet Learning by buying additional picture book content through the app.
1. The app is now both iOS6 and iOS7 compatible, and entirely RETINA (iPad 3+), and all new books support retina.
2. The big change is lots of NEW BOOKS, both free and paid. Fee content has been updated to a new, retina style.
3. We've added a nifty new parallax transition effect to the textbox as you swipe between pages.
4. The app home has been refreshed a bit and made more consistent with the rest of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for! The ability to switch between Hanzi, Pinyin or English with the swipe of a finger as the story is being read aloud. Can't wait till you add more books... Mr. D and T3 book #2 ? Also love the free interviews, can't wait to see what you have planned next! 謝謝您！
Great books, really enjoy the ability to flip between Hanzi, Pinyin, and English. The vocabulary and grammar are a perfect level for intermediates -- not too difficult, but at the same time not condescending in ease.
Hope they release more soon!
This app is a fun and easy addition to my Chinese study program along with Skritter and Chinesepod. I love the different voices and accents. Thanks, John - really good work.
- AllSet Learning
- 69.1 MB
Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 AllSet Learning
- In-App Purchases
- Oscar and Newton Go to the Park $1.99
- Mr. D & T3 Leave the City $1.99
- College Kid Interview #4 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.