ChipTune Composer - 8bit sound
By GNN Corp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NES? old PC?
This is a square wave sound composer app that makes retro feeling.
- You can use 4 parts of PSG/SSG(square wave) and 1 part of white noise.
- Implementation of choosing duty ratios of the waveform 1:7,1:3,1:1,3:1,7:1.
- Sound settings function:manipulation of the volume envelope and appending vibrato.
- It is possible to create up to 16 tones.
- It is possible to compose up to 64 patterns that construct 256 bars.
- Simple operation; Input patterns using piano roll type.
- If you write a chord in a part, it is performed as Arpeggio automatically.
What's New in Version 2.1
-4inch screen support
-adjust slightly fluctuating finger motion at piano roll compose
-direct channel choice
-add one more PSG/SSG part (NES style)
-any channel in a pattern can be cleared
-enable to switch enlarged display in edit mode
-enable to change parameters(tonechange/tempo/volume/pan) at any beat in a part
-add solo/solo+noise/mute play function to pattern mode
-handing over tonebank setting from previous pattern
-centering scroll button (that enable to move the central pitch of the register of any parts)
-add long-tone option for noise channel
-fix a bug where amplitude of vibratos would sometimes become unstable in CH-0
-fix a bug where app would clash during editing tonebank at iOS7
The app crashed immediately when I first tried to open it. When I got it working I was hoping for a large selection of sounds to incorporate into a track. What I got were mostly 8bit keyboard sounds and I can't figure out how to change the tone properly. I'd say this app is average at best. You're better off getting a computer program instead of trying to find an app for it.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 11, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Takayuki Ikeda
- © PolygonLove International
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.