Run with ChiRunning - Injury-free
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best-selling runner’s book, Chi Running®, is now an iPhone app that has helped thousands of everyday runners to run faster, easier, and injury-free. Created by ChiRunning founder, Danny Dreyer, this app is feature-laden with Chi Running video lessons, audio coaching, guided runs, and a built in metronome - tools for you to always run your best.
You’ll learn the technique that has taught hundreds of thousands to run relaxed, efficiently, and with less injury. For beginning runners, weekend warriors, marathoners and speed demons alike, everyone benefits from improved running technique.
You’ll practice “intelligent movement”; using good technique to save your body from undue effort and injury. Danny’s voice will talk you through Guided Runs with audio focuses played at self-selected, repeating intervals. These audio and video lessons will help you achieve your running goals; whether to start running, run a PR, complete a half or full marathon, or run for the rest of your life without injury.
Practice your technique while tracking your distance, pace, caloric burn, and mapping your routes. The workout log function allows you to track your run history and share it with friends via Twitter, Facebook, or MapMyRun.
Unique among running apps, the Chi Running® app is a complete coaching tool for improving your running technique and boosting your training.
Exceptional running for ordinary people!
Please note: This app can only be used on the iPhone, NOT on iPads or the iPod Touch.
The Chi Running app features:
• 18 video lessons of the key Chi Running focuses.
• A unique Guided Run feature - Chi Run audio focuses prompt you as you run.
• Pick which of the 23 Chi Run Focuses you want to practice and choose from 5 selectable time intervals.
• 4 different Guided Runs to choose from: Tempo, Intervals, Long Slow Distance (LSD), and Custom.
• Built-in metronome with two beat sounds.
• Workout timer with pause and resume.
• GPS mapping of running routes.
• Running history with daily run data: distance, pace, elevation gain, calories burned.
• Weekly mileage totals displayed and stored.
• Video and audio reminders of 8 pre-run Body Looseners and 6 Post-run stretches.
• Music fades when audio reminders play during your Guided Runs.
• Separate volume settings for metronome and Chi Focuses.
• Share your runs on Facebook and Twitter.
• Export your runs to Map My Run.
• Track your distance in US/English or Metric units.
The Chi Running App is also your portal into our world of on-line training plans, books and DVDs, and 200 Certified Chi Running instructors around the world.
For questions or help with the application, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our forum at www.ChiRunning.com/forum.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- Updated to iOS7/8.
- Support for new iPhone 6/6+.
- Fixed bug that was erasing the comments.
- Fixed bug that showed an infinite loading message on Map My Run login screen.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Guided Run Data Inaccurate
The videos with this app are very helpful to me as a beginning Chi Runner and I would very much like to like this app, but the data on the Guided Run is inaccurate and unreliable. I run/walk the same route every day and the following are the results: the first day it said I ran 2.25 miles, the second day 2.22 miles, the third it didn’t record at all, and today 3.26 miles.
Today also showed an elevation gain of more than 2,000 feet; the part of Beijing in which I live is flat. The map is about a half-Chinese block off (a Chinese block is between three and four US blocks).
Five stars for the videos, one star for the data.
User since February
Love the app.
Have been a chi runner since 2009, always trying to improve my form! The built in metronome has helped significantly along with, distance and time. Would like to see splits. Just recently history does not look at weekly stats nor cumulative stats for any other range.
Hope it will integrate with iWatch and Apple health.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 04, 2014
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 152 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ChiLIving, INC
- © ChiLiving, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.