Knock things over. Take a nap. Enslave humanity. Power, fame, and catnip are yours for the licking!
"Choice of the Cat" is a hilarious 600,000-word interactive novel by Jordan Reyne, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based, withoupet graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
It's the biggest text-based cat simulator ever written; play it many times as different kinds of cat! As a rescue cat, looking for a family to love and obey you forever, you find yourself sharing a home with a family on the brink of divorce. You'll learn to manipulate your owners, their neighbors, and even their other pets to get what you want. (The humans think they're in charge! Aren't they cute?)
Show your new family the meaning of unconditional love, rule by fear alone, or play them against one another for your amusement. Become a YouTube sensation when videos of your lovable antics go viral, or meddle from behind the throne as your owner family begins to take over the government.
Who's an adorable, tyrannical kitty? YOU ARE. Will you sharpen your claws and mete out feline justice, or melt their hearts with purrs, meows, and cuddles?
• Play as male or female, or dispense with gender constructs
• Enjoy over half a million words covering cat lore, how to rule the planet, and what to do with a dead fish
• Save your owners' marriage with kindness, or rip them apart with your tiny little claws
• Delve deep into the psyche of man's second best friend, or become their first best friend, if Bene the dog lets you.
• Take revenge on those who cross you or your allies, or rescue the innocent using clever, quieter tricks
• Become a hero among cats, or pick on humans, and ruthlessly destroy a troubled marriage
• Enjoy luxurious carpets, curtains ripe for shredding, and belly rubs from your owners
• Shred and steal things, mark your territory stinkily, and cause fires
• Mess with vital political phone calls--or opt for clever calming tactics so your humans reach their goals
• Help your owner earn a recording contract from the music mogul next door, with the help of his cat
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "Choice of the Cat," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, but could be better
I loved the story and the choices, great to play from a cat’s perspective!
A couple of things this game is missing:
1.) The ability to back up on some answers (use a bookmark)
2.) Biggest flaw: A better, less hurried ending. I was very disappointed with it, it came out of the blue and while it tried to tie up the strings, it failed to do so with satisfaction.
Not sure it was worth the $5 price tag, will see if further replays of the game make up for it in their diversity.
Ok but not great
Definitely not worth the 4.99. It should have cost 1.99.
It is lengthy but got boring after a while, it seemed to drag. The ending was too rushed. It seemed they put all the effort in the beginning and at the end they gave a quick summary. Their were too many loose ties.
I did love the cat I played. Their were plenty of options to choose from and you got to be evil or sweet. I played it one time through and it was enough for me.
Good replay value
I went through it twice with different objectives and got payoffs tailored to each - so, good replay value.
The writing is very good, with humor and drama. Most choices have influence on outcomes and even those that don’t nonetheless alter the experience.
- Choice of Games LLC
- 54.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Jordan Reyne
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.