Choice of the Deathless
By Choice of Games LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Battle demons and undead attorneys, and win souls to pay back your student loans! At the elite demonic-law firm of Varkath Nebuchadnezzar Stone, you'll depose a fallen god, find romance, and maybe even make partner, if you don't lose your own soul first.
"Choice of the Deathless" is a necromantic legal thriller by Max Gladstone, Campbell Award-nominated author of Three Parts Dead and Two Serpents Rise. The game is entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and powered by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Explore a fantasy realm with a rich and evolving backstory, based on the novels published by Tor Books.
• Play as male or female, gay or straight, dead or alive (or both).
• Build your career on carefully reasoned contracts, or party all night with the skeletal partners at your firm.
• Navigate intrigue and mystery in a world of scheming magicians and devious monsters.
• Look for love in at least some of the right places.
• Balance student loans, sleep, daily commute, rent payments, and demonic litigation—hey, nobody said being a wizard was always fun.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
Update for iOS8.
If you enjoy "Choice of the Deathless," please take the time to give us a nice review; it really helps.
The story is great no matter how you play it, and the app has little to no issues at all. The story itself is masterfully made and was very satisfying for me. If you like games with magic and fantasy, this is a good choice because you not only play the game, but you can connect to its protagonist because you are the protagonist, and it just gives me a special feeling of being special I guess.
Click...wait, what do you mean it's over?!
This was my first foray into modern interactive fiction, and it was amazing. It fits seamlessly into the Craft Sequence universe, but even if you've never read the books--which, what are you waiting for? Go, read, now!--the settings and characters are rich enough that it works on its own. My only real complaint was that it ended too soon!
To be honest I didn't know what to think of this when I first opened it up, but I ended up loving it! I only wish that there was more story, more jobs and things like that, basically saying it ended to soon. I also would have loved to have been able to "grow" the romantic relationships, they all seemed a little sudden.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 27, 2014
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Choice of Games LLC
- © 2013-2014 Max Gladstone
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.