Battle demons and undead attorneys, and win souls to pay back your student loans! At the elite demonic-law firm of Varkath Nebuchadnezzar Stone, you'll depose a fallen god, find romance, and maybe even make partner, if you don't lose your own soul first.
"Choice of the Deathless" is a necromantic legal thriller by Max Gladstone, Campbell Award-nominated author of Three Parts Dead and Two Serpents Rise. The game is entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and powered by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Explore a fantasy realm with a rich and evolving backstory, based on the novels published by Tor Books.
• Play as male or female, gay or straight, dead or alive (or both).
• Build your career on carefully reasoned contracts, or party all night with the skeletal partners at your firm.
• Navigate intrigue and mystery in a world of scheming magicians and devious monsters.
• Look for love in at least some of the right places.
• Balance student loans, sleep, daily commute, rent payments, and demonic litigation—hey, nobody said being a wizard was always fun.
Added support for iPhone X and fixed a crashing bug. If you enjoy playing "Choice of the Deathless," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
A Universe I Can Get Behind
A great, well-written game with a really unique world and interesting story—none of it felt tired. Magical lawyers are such a neat concept. Loved it so much I started getting into the related books, which are also great.
Fantastic book tie-in!
Should've played sooner!
I've played almost all COGs but I put off playing this one because the idea of playing a lawyer just didn't appeal to me. That said, this was a *great* game. The writing, setting, and characters are strong. The choices you make greatly affect the game experience and the ending. Your skills are fun and interesting, and there are plenty of relationships to explore. Yes, you play a lawyer but your clients and cases are just plain cool. There is plenty of engaging drama, and the end is very climatic and satisfying. I just finished it, and I look forward to trying again - it seems like there are many different endings. I liked playing this game a lot, and as many reviewers have stated, I really hope there will be a sequel or another game set in the same world. Definitely worth your time and money, give it a try!
- Choice of Games LLC
- 24.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2013-2015 Max Gladstone
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.