CHOMP by Christoph Niemann
By Fox and Sheep GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Editor´s Choice Award" by Children´s Technology Review for Excellence in Design!
wired.com: "It’s not quite a storybook, and not quite a video game. It’s ostensibly for kids, but its creative appeal is universal. It’s definitely digital, but feels analog. The app lives at the intersection of all these things, which is one reason it’s such fun to play."
“CHOMP by Christoph Niemann” is the latest imagination from internationally renowned children’s author and illustrator Christoph Niemann, whose App ‘Petting Zoo’ is already loved by millions of children and families around the world.
‘CHOMP’ combines playful, humorous, and lovingly hand-drawn animations with live video, enabling children and adults alike to slip into a variety of comical roles. From a virtuous pianist, to a spaghetti-slurping dog, or a living cuckoo-clock, anything is possible!
What makes this App so inspiring and special is that children participate using their own faces, mimicry, and song, allowing their creativity to run free.
With the video functions, all of these adventures can be saved forever. ‘CHOMP’ is so easy and intuitive to use that kids can create and sing their own personal messages to send to parents, grandparents, friends, or siblings, all in the blink of an eye.
• Hand drawn animations made with love and care.
• Over 50 hand-drawn scenes with countless funny animations.
• Fun for all ages.
• No language knowledge needed. The app is text-free.
• No in-app purchases, invasive advertising, or data mining.
• Record play sessions with integrated video recording.
• Children can swipe left and right to change animations. Tap the screen to see the fun.
• Grownups can open the camera menu in the bottom left to record videos. Tap to microphone icon to enable sound recording, use the large center button to start and stop video recording.
• Please enable camera permissions when prompted.
Just as with his App ‘Petting Zoo’ and his New York Times blog ‘Abstract City’, Christoph Niemann uses ‘CHOMP’ to once again show us his own unique, absurd, and always funny view of the world.
"It’s not quite a storybook, and not quite a video game. It’s ostensibly for kids, but its creative appeal is universal. It’s definitely digital, but feels analog. The app lives at the intersection of all these things, which is one reason it’s such fun to play."
Please also check out our other great App for kids:
“PETTING ZOO” - is a fantastic storybook app. It features beautiful, fun, interactive animations of over 20 animals, and it’s bound to be a big favorite for kids and animal lovers of all ages.
What's New in Version 1.3
It´s halloween! Enjoy CHOMP by Christoph Niemann with lovely, scary new scenes!
Amazing, and original. Absolutely love this app. Had fun with my three-year-old, five-year-old, nine-year-old, and 13-year-old. Great fun for all ages. I annoyed the heck out of my family today sending them these and they all loved them. I really hope Christophe adds to this collection so this thing can blow up and get bigger and bigger!
Wow I think that's the most entertained I've ever been in an app before
Downloaded after seeing episode featuring the amazingly inspiring artist on Netflix - and can honestly say I spent nearly an hour being absolutely /100% entertained and engrossed just playing around with it
Bought this for a child with special needs but had to play with every aspect of it myself and couldn't put it down! Great for encouraging facial expression! Turns out, I'm a total goof!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 14, 2016
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 49.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Fox and Sheep GmbH
- © 2016 Fox & Sheep GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.