Chorded Keyboard - GKOS
By Sebastian Bub Software Distribution
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This App offers a chorded keyboard where you can enter characters by pressing several keys together, like playing a chord on a piano. It is based on an open keyboard standard called GKOS.
This keyboard can easily be used to type on your iPhone while you are walking. As with every conventional phone, it is possible to write a text message or email without looking on the screen.
The novice can turn on the camera to look "through" the iPhone. It is your responsibilty to use this App only in a safe way and to NOT put anyone at risk! Do NOT use while you are driving a car or riding a bike!
The GKOS Typing Speed:
1. After a small amount of practice, the typing speed exceeds that of the GSM number pad method (multi-tap).
2. It is quite easy to reach a typing speed of 100 characters per minute (20 wpm)
3. When fully familiar with the keyboard, a typing speed of 200 chars/min (40 wpm) is obtained.
4. Final expert typing speed can be around 300 chars/min (60 wpm)
The keyboard layout is adapted for different languages:
What's New in Version 1.2
- iPhone 4 inch screen support
- iPad camera support
Good idea but terrible implementation
Having letters alphabetically ordered cause the more frequent letters (like T, N, I, H, L) to be required two thumbs chord, while less frequent letters (like B, W, K, F) have one thumb access. Having TH in a one click access is really looks like a patch in this situation.
If you want to see the smart chorded keyboard implementation, look to asetniop.com
The GKOS doesn't look much better then using remote control on TV to enter letters from the alphabetical list.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sebastian Bub
- © 2010 Bub Software Distribution
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.