Join thousands of other musicians who've used Triad Tutor to improve their ears for chords!
From the makers of the best-selling ear training app RelativePitch, "Chordelia: Triad Tutor" teaches you to recognise the most important types of chord in a fun, simple way - even if you've never learned about chords or music theory before.
Some recent App Store reviews:
"Worth ten times the price... seriously!"
"Like Relative Pitch, it makes ear training fun."
"I've been training and testing for the past few days, and I've improved my knowledge of chords more quickly than any other method I've tried."
• Do you sometimes struggle to tell which chords in a song are major or minor?
• Have you heard about chord inversions, but don't know what they are, or how to tell them apart by ear?
• Are you looking for a way to spice up your song-writing and create more interesting, compelling chord progressions?
Chordelia: Triad Tutor teaches you the 4 core types of chord you need to know to tackle these real-world musical challenges. By learning to recognise major, minor, augmented, and diminished 'triads', you'll boost your musical creativity and perception, and build a foundation for learning more advanced chords like seventh chords, extended chords, and suspended chords.
You'll learn how to:
• Distinguish major and minor chords - instantly, effortlessly, and reliably
• Recognise the unusual sounds of augmented and diminished chords and how they can enhance a song
• Identify all these chord types, whichever inversion is used - and know which inversion it is!
Chordelia: Triad Tutor uses the same approach as our best-selling interval training app, RelativePitch, which has helped thousands of musicians learn to hear intervals easily and reliably. You'll get the information you need for each topic, and can then train and test your ear to learn the material at your own pace. Using the app for even just five minutes a day will noticeably improve your chord skills!
If you get stuck, the lessons can be adjusted to meet your needs and help you pinpoint difficulties. The app automatically tracks your progress too, so you'll know that you're improving.
Maybe you've spent some time training intervals with RelativePitch and want to extend your skills to chords. Or perhaps you're an experienced musician who wants to make sure they have the fundamentals rock-solid. Or you could be a complete beginner who wants to understand what makes chords tick.
Whatever your background, Chordelia: Triad Tutor will quickly get you up to speed with the most important types of chord, and develop your musical ear in an easy, fun and effective way.
Chordelia: Triad Tutor features 7 different instruments sounds, including guitar, piano, and real human voices!
"Fun and easy to use, Chordelia's been very educational already in training me on the differences between chords. It's fun to learn (some of) the theory on chords, train my ear a bit, and then apply that to the music I hear around me (recorded music, tv shows/movies, etc.) It has helped to deepen my understanding of that music, in particular how the use of specific kinds of chords - and the emotions that those chords evoke - tie closely with the content of the music/scene." - US App Store review
If you have any questions before buying, or any problems with the app, just email support@EasyEarTraining.com.
• Total design update
• New progress screen showing your accomplishments
• SIX new instruments!
• Improved VoiceOver support
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but would benefit with some tweaks
1) Volume is too low! I have the pitch training app and it's much louder than this. Why?
2) Only four triad types. Major, minor, dim, aug
Though these are the most common I'd love to see the addition of a couple of others. In my world Sus2 and Sus4 triads are very common. Would love these to be added. Or better yet see #3
3) Allow for creation of custom triads. This way I can create my own triads that are missing from this.
All in all a useful app. The volume issue is a BIG one however.
I thought by purchasing this app I would have access to a variety of chords like 7th and diminished, etc., It's no the case. also trying to customize this program is a super pain. I wasted my money, Apple does not have a refund policy and the company just refers you to Apple. There is nothing Pro about his app!
Basically a giant ad
Very little functionality here. It's just a funnel to you to buy the pro version.
- Chris Sutton
- 41.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Easy Ear Training Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.