ChordPolyPad - Midi Chords Player
By Laurent Colson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ChordPolyPad is a chords player for Midi instruments, sequencers like Logic, Cubase, Live and all other Midi sequencers, or even virtual instruments installed on the same iPad. The chords can be played live from pads.
Although, ChordPolyPad is specially designed to operate in Midi, it has own internal sounds bank to use it independently.
Rated "Killer Application" by App4iDevices.
• 8 groups of 16 pads or 2 groups of 64 pads by preset (128 pads)
• Midi port and Midi channel assignable for each pad
• Customizable X/Y controller for each pad
• Velocity assignable for each chord note
• Strumming setup by pad
• Features copy and paste for pads and groups
• Draggable chords directly from library
• Searching for chords available in scales
• Random chords for instant inspiration
• Internal sound bank
• Receiving Midi notes and control from external devices
• Send Midi to a virtual port that can be used as Midi input by other Core Midi compatible applications managing multitasking on the same device
• Presets manager
• Presets shared with computer using iTunes 9.1 or later
Supported Midi connections:
• Midi over Bluetooth
• Midi Wifi Network (RTP Midi)
• Apple USB camera connection kit
• Any Core Midi compatible interface
• Audiobus support
Inter Applications connections:
• Apple Inter-App Audio connection (Midi, audio, transport control)
• Audiobus support (audio, transport control)
• An iPhone or an iPad with iOS v5.1.1 or later
What's New in Version 1.4
• Optimized for iPad Pro
• New view of 2 groups of 64 pads
• Group change from Midi control 16
• Real time transposition can be now applied permanently
The ultimate on screen controller
I'm guitarist so adding keyboards myself can be a chore but this app has solved all my problems and much more. I like to compose with complex chord progressions. With this app I can build any chord I can imagine. Each pad can have 1 or 88 notes assigned. You can use the built in sounds or better yet send via core midi to any other app able to receive midi data. Plus you can set any pad to send midi controller data like modulation, pitch bend, and midi volume; it's virtually unlimited. Chordpolypad is incredibly versatile. I love this this and use on almost every track I create. I really can't imagine producing music with out it. It's a powerful musical tool, try it, you won't be disappointed.
Really want arrpegiator
Even for those of us without iPads ( and thus can't buy your other app) this app is still great. But frankly I would love to somehow compose my own harmony for each cord part within the app. For those of us who can't play an instrument ( but still want be inspired when we produce music) such a feature would be a god send. The strumming feature is just to haphazard, if my suggestions to ambitious at least implement some form of basic arrpegiation thanx.
What We Need:
- Ability to use external MIDI drum pads to play the pads.
- need to be able to use Ableton Link to play the chord progressions at a set loop length. Then preferably at some point have the ability to switch between different progressions. Say verse, chorus.
Otherwise a great app and worth the money. I really dig it. If you can solve these issues we could really have an amazing controller app here.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 20, 2015
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 40.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Laurent Colson
- © Laurent Colson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.