Chords + Lyrics is an easy to use app that manages sheet music for mere mortals. Targeted at amateur musicians, Chords + Lyrics lets you easily import your tablature or sheet music from your favourite website, recognising chords and making the song editable instantly in a great looking interface that is fun to use and explore.
When your songs are ready, create set lists for band practices, weddings, or any other event. Songs marked favourite are automatically added to the Favourites smart set list.
Once your set lists are ready, take Chords + Lyrics on stage in landscape mode for smooth guidance during your band's or solo performance.
Key features summary:
- Powerful editor
- Import any song from your favourite chords website
- Stunning performance mode
- Simple songs and set list manager
- Easily transpose your songs
- Export current song as a mail attachment. You're able now to share your songs with Chords+Lyrics friends.
- Import Chord+Lyrics own .song files. Open a .song file in any iOS app (like open a mail attachment, or open the file in a file sharing app ) and choose Chords+Lyrics as the destination app to open the file.
- Small layout change for Song editor: Song title and artist takes now less space.
- Song menu shows the current song that is actually loaded in the editor.
- Added Chinese (Simplified) localization
This will be the last iOS 4 release, the next will be iOS 5.1 and above.
Next release: Added support for AirTurn devices to flip the pages handsfree. Take a look at http://airturn.com
*** Some people ask for a manual or how-to. Please take a look at the support page. ***
Ratings and Reviews
Does not work correctly
On import, chords all get shifted left.
Cannot import my own PDFs, or if I can, I could not figure out how.
I'd. Like to get my money back.
I really enjoy this app. It's very useful on stage, especially in a worship setting. I like that you can change the key of the song after you've created a document. I wish that you could add a song to the set while you are in the music stand mode (landscape) or change the key while it is in portrait mode. Or if you could insert a line in the middle of a song while in portrait mode. Those aren't really complaints though. I like it a lot.
I do have one complaint and oh my gosh that glitch is annoying too. Ok. As I enter a song the app randomly closes. Nothing is really lost though. Also as I enter a song sometimes the last line or a random line replaces the first line, which means I have to re-enter that line. It drives me nuts, because it does it so often.
The music stand looks cool, but it makes a song that would normally take one page, take two or three. I'm not saying get rid of it, but if you could lower the stand's ledge to make room for "Chords and Lyrics".
Thanks for the cool app!
I downloaded this, and never got past the music sheets on the stand demo. There are no buttons appearing at the top to touch and start using the app. Apparently, the OS 5 update didn't go well with the app, and even though they claimed it was fixed...it's not. I'm hoping that another fix and update happens soon, because I was looking forward to using this app.
- 7.5 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © StudioWolff
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.