This app is to help us get familiar with all kinds of chords so that we are able to recognize or play them as quick as possible, no matter they are represented by chord symbols, music notes in the stave, or keyboard keys. Improving this ability will definitely benefit all aspects of our music learning. Also, the app can be used as a dictionary to look up chords.
• Cover almost all chords we can encounter
• Allow to customize the learning by chords' roots, forms, quality, inversion, and voicing (open or closed position, doubling)
• Practice mode to learn at our own pace
• Watch mode to learn by watching the "chords movie"
• Game mode to challenge ourselves and have fun by winning high score, trophies, and medals
• Search mode to loop up chords
• Questions generated intelligently based on your performance
• Intuitive interface
• Studio quality real sample sound
All comments and suggestions are welcomed. I will keep enhancing this app to make it more useful.
For those who want to train your music notes recognition, please also check out my another app Music Note Trainer.
• Minor improvement
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly What I Was Looking For
I use this app to pop up chord symbols to which I enter the corresponding notes in order to develop fluency in recognizing chord symbols. I made a couple of suggestions to the developer for improvements. These were not trivial suggestions. I'm sure they involved significant work to implement. I'm very pleased to say the developer very quickly and effectively implemented my suggestions making the app ideal for my purposes.
- Tao Wang
- 39.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Tao Wang
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.