ChordUp is a chord musical instrument and MIDI controller with a unique fast-access chord selector.
PERFECT FOR QUICK CHORD EXPLORATION
Unique chord selector allows you to play any available chord instantly. You don't need to make any pre-configurations or presets. Just tap on the key button and slide your finger to the required chord type. With a little practice you will be able to select any chord in a fraction of a second.
PLAY EASILY ANY RHYTHM PATTERN
Three playing surfaces allows you to easily play any rhythm pattern: power chords, full chords, bass and chord, strumming or arpeggios.
CONTROL OTHER APPS OR HARDWARE
You can use ChordUp to control your favourite soft or hard synthesizer through Core MIDI connection or though Audiobus 3 MIDI ports.
• 108 available chords (9 chord types for each of the 12 notes).
• 10 embedded instruments: Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Guitar, Organ, Accordion, Vibraphone, Strings, 3 synth sounds.
• 12 pads surface (for piano like parts)
• 6 strings surface (for guitar strumming, power chords and arpeggios)
• Expression pad surface (allows to play full chords and control an expression parameter at the same time)
• Smart sustain. With the sustain enabled, when you switch chords, only the notes of the current chord that don't belong to the next chord are muted.
• Octave shifting.
• Chord locking. You can lock one chord type for a chord button.
• Buttons size adjustment on iPad.
• CoreMIDI support.
• Audiobus support (Audio sender port, MIDI sender port)
AUDIOBUS 3 SUPPORT!
ChordUp now provides Audiobus audio sender port and MIDI sender port.
CONTROL BUTTONS LAYOUT OPTIMIZED
Control buttons are now placed only by the corners of chord selector grid, minimising the chance of accidentally tapping on them when selecting a chord.
MUTE GESTURE SETTINGS ADDED
You can now enable and disable mute gesture and adjust the delay parameter for it.
-Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful simplicity, an instrument in its own right
Chordup offers the ability to quickly select any of 108 chords (9 for each root note) by swiping with one finger and playing the notes of the selected chord on one of 3 different playing surfaces which change their note layouts according to the selected chord. You can effortlessly play quick arpeggios, dense block chords or anything in between. It's also possible to explore melodies by playing one or two notes and quickly shifting the selected chords which then change those notes under your fingers. Get passable strumming effects by engaging the sustain button. The beauty of it is that only the chords are labeled, the notes are not, nor is there a scale lock. But fear not, the simple interface allows for quick musical exploration, making it incredible easy to find great progressions using just your ears. There is only the slightest learning curve in getting used to timing your chord selections, but this is quickly overcome within an hour of playing and is highly rewarding.
A true winner
For every few music apps you buy, you're lucky to get ONE you actually find useful. This is the ONE. I don't have anything like this, and this would be just as handy in the studio as it would live.
A really well thought out but simple to use interface
I am a lifelong musician and former professional. This is truly an original idea that is clever and effective!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.