By Playforge Games LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★Chore Hero★ is designed to answer the question "Who's turn is it to do this chore today?"
Doing chores should never be boring, They should be fun, rewarding, or maybe enforce a little competition.
Whether the folks in your house be roommates or family, Chore Hero provides a fun way to manage your household's chores on a weekly basis.
The light and lively interface makes it easy to schedule and view chores. You can assign a chore to various people on different days, or if you like things a little more exciting, let the app pick a person at random each time.
Reinforce the value of hard work with the reward system. The more work a person does, the more points he earns. Cash out these points when it's time to reward your diligent workers using the "Cash out" interface.
Each person gets a title depending on how much work he has done. Titles can range from "Delinquent" to "Chore Hero".
Find out who in your household is tough enough to be the Chore Hero!
• Light and lively interface
• Ability to add and customize your own chores
• Assign a difficulty level for each chore (not all chores are easy!)
• Create profiles for each household member
• Effective score and reward system
• Easily view today's chores
• Preview tomorrow's chores
• Keep track of who is doing the most work
• Assign multiple people to a chore
• Ability to set a random person for a chore
• Level up your household members to "Chore Hero"!
Attributions: Joseph Wain/glyphish.com for icons
What's New in Version 1.31
Today's chores shows up again
Randomizing and clearing a chore will no longer delete it
The bear icon is now selectable
Has potential, needs improvement
Here's what I'd like to see:
1. Better (fair) randomization for people that want to randomize a large percentage of chores... Right now the way it's set up, one person could be stuck doing 5-6 chores in a day while the other person does 1-2. It should first figure out a relatively fair distribution of the number of chores for each person and then randomize which chores they do.
2. In the resolve, have options for someone else doing the chore or postponing the chore
3. The statement 'so & so is lazy' tho funny for adults, may not be received as well by younger children or mothers
4. Ability to assign ages to the profiles & chores so random doesn't assign a more dangerous or difficult job to young children
5. Ability to schedule chores that are bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly or to be done in the morning, afternoon, or evening
6. Ability to give chores/people profiles special attributes and special incentives/mini games to increase the competitive feel. ie: Jon hates taking out trash so offer a point boost or time frame to get it done. Also offer power ups or extra points/incentives for chore stealing.
7. Build in a prize incentive chart that people can swap points in for
8. A chore timer/ interface with iTunes so you can shake it while you clean
9. Ability to print a schedule/accomplishments
These are just ideas, but I definitely like the idea
Great app - Great for kids
This is a great app. I am excited to use it more.
*I like the reward system that makes the points appropriate for the difficulty of the job.
*I like the reminder number on the app icon so that we can see that there is work still needed to be done
*I like how the random chores don't show up until that day. The kids are excited to see who has what job for that day. The iTouch decides the chore (not mom) and that makes it fun.
There are few things that I would like to see.
*Like above - I would like to see biweekly or monthly options for chores.
*Also with the randomization - I would like to randomize it between a few of the people instead of the whole family. There are some chores that the older kids can do and the little ones can't. Plus I have lots of work for myself and don't need to be assigned the chores that the kids can do.
*One more thing - it would be nice to put a reward store in so that when they cash in their points they can go 'shopping' for their rewards. Right now we use the consequence jar app for the rewards
Random glitches but great app
This is a great app to help show the kids that everyone pitches in to keep a household going.
(1) after adding new chore, when returning to main screen, app shows broom icon and nothing in "chore" area. Same when adding new people at times. I had to close and restart.
(2) app randomly freezes. I have to quit and restart.
(1) allow users to synch in real time with other iphones so everyone in family can stay on track and keep the competitive spirit high. As it stands now, I have to dole out chores. I should get points for that, Just Sayin'.
(2) allow users to post personal photo of themselves
(3) give virtual trophies
(4) allow users to integrate photos and add rewards for chores completed.
(5) integrate every other week schedule and once a month as well.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 08, 2010
- Version: 1.31
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Playforge Games LLC
- © 2008 Playforge, Vicente McDonnell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.