Chorma for Chores
By Stephen Bennett
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ORGANIZE CHORES EASILY
• Chorma is an easy and fun way to organize chores with your partner, kids or roommates. It's free, so give it a try today!
- Featured by Apple in 'Whats Hot' and 'New and Noteworthy'
- Details magazine describes Chorma "a clean, simple way to keep organized", Daily Details
- Over three million chores organized
COORDINATE WITH HOUSEMEMBERS
• Chorma synchronizes between devices, so it's easy to coordinate who does what even when no one's home. Simple signup get's everyone in the household connected.
• Earn Chorma points by doing chores. When you're ready, Chorma helps organize a group activity like a meal out. The more points you have the less you pay!
Unlock Chorma Pro for $1.99/month or $19.99/year for the whole household:
• Create custom individual rewards
• Set housemember permissions
• Adjust point scores, undo other people's chores and more
Chorma is free to download and use. Upgrading to Chorma Pro adds the above features and is available through a Pay As You Go subscription. Use it when you need it, stop when you don't.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
- Fixes a login problem related to Safari cookie settings in iOS 7
Great way to motivate family to help
I love this app. It is a great way to motivate family members to help around the house. We currently have four of is using it: my husband, my 12-year old, my 6-year old, and me. The kids (and hubby) are very excited about earning rewards and seeing their progress. My husband and I are also realizing that we both do more around the house than the other one realizes. A couple of suggestions:
1. As several people have mentioned, it would be great if the administrator could add people without needing a separate email address and device. My 6-year old has his account set up on our iPad but I had to create a new email address if I wanted him to be able to use it.
2. I would also like to be able to adjust the order of the chores on the chore list. The app does order them by date due, but it would be nice to also have them list alphabetically within that date due or to be able to adjust the order.
Overall though - a great idea and the $1.99 for Chorma Pro is definitely worth it.
One Annoying Flaw
This app has everything you need for tracking and assigning chores with other people. There is one SUPER annoying thing though that makes it so frustrating to use. When you add a chore to the list, you also add the date that it is due and how often it should be done. So let's say I say a chore should be done this Sunday and then repeated every week. Well let's say Sunday comes around and no one does the chore, but then someone finally gets around to it on Wednesday. You would then assume the chore would not be due until the next Wednesday right? Well in this app, it is still due the next Sunday! This annoys me so much because if you do chores later then they are scheduled, the next ones are due way too soon and you end up in this dumb endless loop of chores always needed to be done when they don't. If you want to change the date you have to manually go in and edit the chore. I really wish they would fix this, it would then be the perfect chore app for me.
Close, but not quite
I've been investigating an app to use with my teenagers to help them keep track of chores. This one comes the closest. My main wish is that the full features were available for a set price rather than an ongoing fee. I would be willing to pay $3 or $4 on each device to have something that works how I want it, but not $20/year.
Pros--This is one of the only chore apps I have seen that allows for "anytime" chores. Some chores, like unloading the dishwasher, don't happen on a regular schedule. This app allows you to have chores that repeat, but aren't scheduled. I also like that chores can be unclaimed. This allows my kids pick what they want to do. Another positive is the ability to rotate chores so the kids can take turns unloading the dishwasher without the fights about whose turn it is. Finally, it isn't cutesy. So many of the apps spend too much effort on avatars and cute tricks rather than functionality. This is better for using with teenagers.
Cons--The ongoing gouge to your wallet. As I said, I would be willing to pay--once. On each person's device, even. It is difficult to "unclaim" a chore. You just click a button to claim it, but if you realize you hit the wrong one, you can't just click "unclaim" or something. You have to go in and edit the task.
Other suggestions--It would be great if you could take away points for bad behavior or bad grades. The ability to see only all the unclaimed chores.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 10, 2013
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stephen Bennett
- © 2013 Chorma
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1-Month subscription to Chorma Pro$1.99
- 1-Year subscription to Chorma Pro$19.99