Chow Thanksgiving Dinner Coach
By CBS Interactive
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
* Gizmodo's Gold Medal award winner for Thanksgiving Apps
* Featured in Yahoo!, CNET, PC Magazine, ABC News, PC World, San Jose Mercury News, Appolicious, AOL and Slate Magazine.
* ABC News: "The app is quick, simple and fast...perfect for beginners."
* AOL: "If this is your first year hosting the party, and you're a little unsure of what to do without some constant guidance from your iPhone, the CHOW app is a great (and free) place to start."
* Appolicious: "The free CHOW Thanksgiving Dinner Coach app has everything you need to pull off your first Thanksgiving dinner."
Even professional cooks say cooking a Thanksgiving meal is stressful. CHOW comes to the rescue! Not only have we put together nine of the easiest and most delicious traditional Thanksgiving recipes, we've created a clear, follow-along game plan. You choose which dishes you want to make, and we give you a step-by-step timeline that guides you through the entire Thanksgiving day (and the two days before, too).
Step 2 - Place the roasting pan across two burners over medium heat, Put the onion and celery from inside the roasted turkey, along with the roasted turkey neck, in the pan. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a flat spatula.
And of course there's a shopping list to get you in and out of the store quickly.
Get the bird on the table while keeping the potatoes creamy, the punch strong, and the green beans green. You too can be a Thanksgiving success story!
Here's your Thanksgiving menu:
Apple and Sage Stuffing
Sauteed Green Beans
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor Bug Fixes
I wanted a simple app with simple recipes with a simple list. I downloaded it a few minutes ago. I came back to rate it because it's awesome. You pick what you want and it gives you step-by-step instructions on what to buy and how to make it. It even lets you cross off what you already have at home. You can still look at the list of what you already have at home. I didn't want an app with difficult recipes. This is perfect!
Not sure why all the great reviews?? I downloaded this today and it doesn't work! It opens, goes to the menu page and simply freezes up! Fix the app maybe then I would review it higher, otherwise it's crap!
I love this app! Granted, there is only one recipe choice for each dish, but making a variation is as easy as searching online. Our family has used this for three years now and it has become part of our tradition. It tells you what to buy, when to start prep., gives a full recipe and directions for each dish and allows you to "cross off" a completed step.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Nov 16, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © 2010 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.