Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 48.0.2564.104
This update addresses issues that were introduced in our previous release:
• Fixes some scroll position issues when opening links
• Fixes in-page anchor links not navigating
• Fixes VoiceOver not working correctly
• Fixes external apps launching unexpectedly when typing in the Omnibox
• Restores support for NTLM authentication
This release also includes:
• Redesigned icons on the New Tab page: easier access to more of your frequently-visited sites
• Spotlight integration: Drag down or right from the Home screen and search for your Chrome bookmarks
New Update = Great
Google recently updated chrome making it much more smooth, more stable, and quicker. Which was much needed as the app had issues before. Finally a worthy competitor to safari. I prefer it especially since safari scrolls slowly on my iPhone 6s Plus. However improvements could still be made and some features (like data saver) were lost in the update. Def recommend though.
chrome was my default browser until now
It's not like I had a choice, I can't use software that does not complete the install process. I am not an idiot or a Luddite, I've been using this platform for quite a while and I think the likelihood of this being user error is very low. I cannot complete the installation, delete the application, or use the application as it is still not entirely done installing. Maybe it's a good thing, maybe in the past few years Safari has improved? Maybe it's just time to cut over to Firefox. Wow browser wars again, I thought we were over that.
Swipe from the side to switch tabs
I preferred the brief period where you could swipe from the side to switch tabs, I found it very convenient. But otherwise I would be very ok with our Google overlords dictating future events so long as they accept our reviews and continue to update their apps 🐛👍🏼
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 08, 2016
- Version: 48.0.2564.104
- Size: 69.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.