Chrome Remote Desktop
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Securely access your computers from your iOS device.
• On each of your computers, set up remote access using the Chrome Remote Desktop app from Chrome Web Store.
• On your iOS device, open the app and tap on any of your online computers to connect.
What's New in Version 1.0.10
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Works great! Suggestions!
Needless to say, this is a wonderful app to have, definitely more than 5 stars. I'm not on the go much and when I do end up on the go I either bring my laptop with me or have no use for it. But this app is still pretty fun to play around with. There are only a few things that I would say could be done with the app:
- Latency can be reduced. I have a feeling it is something to do with the app, because it will lag on my iPod while my laptop is running quite fine.
- Add mouse wheel, left click, and right click buttons off to the side when using the mouse. That would be a nice addition and add more functionality to the mouse.
- Fix the mouse sync. When I move the mouse on my iPod, it is in sync with my laptop, but when I move the mouse on my laptop, it does not sync with the mouse on my iPod.
- Add full screen support. I noticed that apps in full screen will not appear on my iPod.
- Earlier I said I like to toy around with it. It is pretty fun to play games on my laptop through my iPod. This goes along with the mouse sync part, but it would be nice if the mouse in the app would go to the center of the screen when playing games. It makes it a little hard to play games when, depending on where your mouse is, you constantly make a hard left. Oh well!
If you did these things, it would still be worth more than 5 stars! Keep up the good work, Google!
Great effort & easy to set up, but lacking basic features
This was a breeze to set up. I just followed the instructions and was able to remotely access my MacBook Air from my iPad within minutes. The only problem, however, is that the on-screen keyboard within the app as well as BT keyboard support is VERY limited. How limited, you ask? Well, the arrow keys don't work, so typing is kind of wonky and interrupted with frequent tapping to put the cursor where you want it. Pressing delete will work as a backspace, but pressing fn+delete does not work, neither do any other fn+ shortcuts. Other shortcuts like CMD+C or ctrl+C to copy/paste don't work either. Google, thanks for the free product, but please update keyboard support! Thanks.
Lots of potential but bottlenecked
I really love this app and it allows me to get work done from almost anywhere, however, there are some limitations that need to be corrected. I typically use this on my iPad with a bluetooth keyboard, but there are many keys on my keyboard (and from the on-screen keyboard) that won't send to the computer being controlled. For coding purposes, its a real pain that I can't use any F keys, the accent key, or my arrow keys while typing. Also, keyboard shortcuts with control, option, or alt do not send either. This app could be my most used app of all time if the keyboard functionality were improved. As for now, I'll have to continue to copy and paste from character map.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 24, 2015
- Version: 1.0.10
- Size: 36.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.