Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 50.0.2661.95
• Bug fixes.
Update broke what used to work fine...
The latest update completely broke the "print to Google Drive" capability, a function I rely upon daily to upload web pages and docs as PDFs for later printing.
The app quite often hangs up when loading pages (it takes incredibly longer for saved passwords to load), and as I said, instead of fixing the 'print to cloud' function, Google's solution was simply to remove the option.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when Google's own browser doesn't work properly with Google's cloud-storage...
And it's probably asking for too much to add the ability to save/print directly to Dropbox (Google's competitor in the on-line storage arena).
Also, as others have noted, I'm now constantly logged out of sites after changing apps: why?
All in all, the app seems to be headed in the wrong direction, by removing functionality that USED to work as advertised.
Until they give us back the print to cloud function, I highly recommend SnapWeb, a print to cloud alternative that allows you to save pages as PDF/JPEG/PNG, then open them in other apps (i.e. you an open it in Google Drive, to save to the cloud).
Chrome for iPhone
I love using chrome on all of my devices! One thing I wish chrome had the ability to do is notice when a phone number is a phone number (like on a Wordpress site) and make it a clickable link. Safari can do it, and I understand that's because it's apple and that and the phone work together but I don't see a reason why chrome can't launch the phone. Maybe there is a reason that it's not a feature but that's my rant!
Thanks, Google, for ruining the bookmarks function!
Updated Review 5/4/16: Still no fix for the idiotic bookmarks situation. So, still giving this app a 1-star rating. Nice job, Google. Stupid.
Review 4/1/16 (and I really do wish this was an April Fools joke but it's not...): What happened to Google??? What happened to quality assurance? In the latest Chrome update, the bookmarks tab was rendered almost completely useless due to the new idiotic display. Google, whoever is responsible for this latest idea - FIRE THEM. Get your **** straight. First you ruined Google Maps, now you're destroying Chrome. Guess it's back to Safari for me...
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 03, 2016
- Version: 50.0.2661.95
- Size: 66.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.