Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 33.0.1750.21
Minor bug fixes
Used to be great; now crashes, freezes often
Until recently I had been using this exclusively since the release of the iPhone 3. The UI still makes a lot more sense than the current release of Safari, requires fewer average touches to perform actions, and performs basically identically on content rich sites as both run WebKit. The fails are almost the same s Safari, namely stuff like lack of Flash support. That said, I no longer use it and have had to disappointingly return to Safari since Chrome now freezes or crashes on just about every action I try to perform on just about every site, mobile version or desktop. It's a shame because until recently this had been a great browser, soi personally am looking forward to a fix from google.
Lots of fixes needed
I love google, and google chrome. However this app is a bit of a disappointment. First of all this is an app for a smart phone therefore the images should be... Smart. When you click onto images it should open full screen not partially like that on a laptop. Secondly, incognito doesn't work, ur searches still end up in the normal search bar and must therefore be deleted. This is awful, additionally tabs are not as user friendly as they could be. Please fix these issues, I expect better of you google, an should hope to see improvements soon.
Now I have used the plain Google app, I loved it except that it continued to store data onto my phone even when I had it on delete all history after each use. So it started at 50 Mb but would grow to large proportions such as 450 Mb or more.
Not a good Safari Replacement
To be a replacement for a stock app, you have to offer enough features the stock doesn't. These are the reasons Chrome is not a good Safari replacement.
1. Doesn't have an adblocker
2. Doesn't have the option to display new tabs the same way Chrome desktop does
3. Doesn't have the ability to load pages in full websites mode.
If you want a full browser replacement try Mercury Browser Pro or Dolphin Browser. Both of whom have the ability to open pages in full site mode, both whom have an adblocker option and both have the ability to display tabs like the Chrome desktop browser does.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 27, 2014
- Version: 33.0.1750.21
- Size: 27.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.