Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 51.0.2704.104
• Fixed issue where some links would not open when clicked.
How many ways can I say I hate Chrome for iPad!
First I want to say, I love Crome on my iphone and I love Chrome on my laptop. But not on my iPad. Why? Because it does not offer the same key features available on the other devices and it baffles me as to why Google did this. On other devices there is a feature that allows you view all your open tabs. There is also a user friendly visual system for storing and organizing bookmarks that makes reviewing and searching bookmarks easy. None of these features seem to be available on iPad. I generally have a lot of tabs open each time I am online and it irritates me that I have to scroll back and forth through tabs at the top when I could just hit the feature as I do I my phone and get a visual of all open tabs.
Crashes, freezes and burns
App was fine before recent updates. Current issues include:
Tabs constantly refreshing themselves when I switch between apps and/or tabs. Why? Frustrating because whenever I read an article I lose a page worth of info because the app keeps reloading my tabs, even happens when switching between tabs.
Bookmarks are frustrating in terms of bookmarking pages and difficult to organise my favourite pages etc.
Quick access buttons (swipe down and then left or right depending on closing or extra tab) doesn't work in landscape and swiping left or right after swiping down just refreshes the tab instead of closing it.
Constant "There is no internet connection" which is bizarre because it works fine one moment and then not the next (not internet related because safari works perfectly fine with sites that don't load on chrome).
Aw Snap! Something went wrong...
I used to love chrome but it has consistently gotten worse over the past year. At this point I've decided to quit using it on my iPhone altogether.
After the latest update nearly a month ago, it does nothing but freeze and crash. Some websites simply can't be visited without seeing the "Aw snap!" Crash message. I saw it 10 times in 5 minutes this morning. Any site that requires you to fill out a form is an exercise in futility as chrome simply can't handle displaying a website AND allowing user inputs.
Hopefully they update and fix all of this someday, but until they do I won't be using it again.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 21, 2016
- Version: 51.0.2704.104
- Size: 67.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.