Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 40.0.2214.73
• Bug and stability fixes.
Bugs and no bug reporting feature
I am leaving this bug report as a review because there is no easy or apparent way to report bugs in the app.
The fact that there is no bug reporting feature is part of the reason for the one-star rating. The second reason is because there is an large bug in the latest versions on Chrome that has yet to be fixed. The third reason is because the bug that is problematic severely limits the functionality of the app. The fourth reason is because there was such a lengthy delay between the release of the latest version and a bug fix release. With this being such important app from Google, bug fixes should be coming much more often.
All that said, the bug in Question that has been plaguing chrome since its initial release of the latest version is that the context menu, that is, the menu accessed by tapping the button with three dots arranged vertically that gives access to search, save, and other functions does not work. When tapped, the button is highlighted, but no menu is displayed. This issue remains even after the update today. Obviously, this bug severely limits the functionality and usefulness of the app, and it is a wonder it has gone this long without being corrected.
Although this is largely a bug report, there is no way to give the current version of this app a higher rating with such limited functionality due to this bug. If this bug didn't exist, the rating would be higher.
Please address this soon.
Current Version Unusable on iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.3
I loved Chrome the moment I got my iPhone (not 5C, not 5S). It's pretty much the industry standard for web browsers. But with the recent iOS update (8.1.3) and the recent Chrome update in mid-February 2015, my App will not even load. I don't mean it loads and then crashes after usage. I mean I click on it and it loads for a nanosecond and then it crashes back to the home screen. I know Apple and Google aren't exactly partners, but PLEASE fix this ASAP! I have no problem using Chrome on my first gen iPad Air (also on iOS 8.1.3 and running the most recent update for the app itself). I've restarted my phone several times, reverted to a previous backup of the phone itself, and all the other usual basic fixes one can do. I also don't write reviews for the App Store very often. I simply want this once-perfect phone app to work again, and I believe letting the developers know via review can expedite the process.
Comcast Xfinity badness
At first, Chrome and Safari were awful on my Comcast Xfinity WiFi. Other places were fine. After lots of fiddling, I found it was Xfinity with the new public WiFi causing the problem. To fix: unplug your personal router. With the power still on, press and hold the reset button on the back of your Comcast router, then let go. Wait 5 minutes, and don't skip this part, it's IMPORTANT! Come back and turn on your personal modem. All fixed, typing searches are responsive and pages load all the way. Hope this helps!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 17, 2015
- Version: 40.0.2214.73
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.