Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 50.0.2661.77
• Bug and stability fixes.
Where's print as PDF??
Luckily, I'm not having the same issues with crashing that many other users are (I'm on an iPad 2 with current iOS) but I'm pretty annoyed that I can no longer print to my Google Drive as a PDF. I rely on that and don't have any good alternatives now that I can't. Chrome's mobile print as PDF was the main reason it's been my default browser. It unfortunately doesn't ask before opening other apps like Safari does when noxious popups appear. Safari's reading list is especially convenient to bookmark links for later reading without having to open them first. At least Chrome still allows unlimited tabs (or at least a higher limit than Safari), for now. :p
Infinite alert loop allowed
I was just caught in a spammy infinite loop of alert dialogs. I tried everything I could think of to get the alerts to go away so I could use the browser, including restarting the browser, turning off cellular data and wifi, and seeing if there was anything that could help me in iPhone settings. Nothing works. Desktop browsers will prompt you to see if you want to stop a site from creating more alerts. Chrome in iOS apparently doesn't do that.
Update: I was able to get off the page with the spammy alerts by uninstalling and reinstalling the app, in case this happens to you.
Update broke what used to work fine...
The latest update completely broke the "print to Google Drive" capability, a function I rely upon daily to upload web pages and docs as PDFs for later printing.
The app quite often hangs up when loading pages (it takes incredibly longer for loading of saved passwords to finish), and as I said, instead of fixing the print to cloud option, Googles solution was simply to remove the option.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when Google's browser doesn't work properly with Google Drive... And it's probably asking for too much to add the ability to save/print directly to Dropbox (Google's competitor in the on-line storage arena).
Also, as others have noted, I'm now constantly logged out of sites after changing apps: why?
All in all, the app seems headed in the wrong direction, by removing functionality that USED to work as advertised.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 20, 2016
- Version: 50.0.2661.77
- Size: 66.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.