Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 42.0.2311.47
• Start searching and browsing faster: quick access to Voice Search and open new tabs from the Today View
• Ergonomically-designed: Pull to reload and open/close tabs
• Support for iOS App Extensions, such as 1Password and LastPass
• Easily open links copied from other apps
I was a champion of the Chrome app when it was first released but this latest version has completely let me down. I have a feeling that Google just doesn't care about this product because it's for iOS. Constantly crashes for what I can tell is no apparent reason. SLOW is the only word I can think to call this browser, Google must be data mining the heck out of browsing habits to have such frequent issues. I've had enough and have moved to one of the dedicated iOS browsing apps out there.
Take a look at Dolphin or Mercury browser, they're not slowing me down and I've yet to see one crash while performing equal amount of browsing. Yes, the controls are a little different but I found myself easily adjusting within one day. These are dedicated browsers made for iOS, so not data mining devices to slow down browsing speeds. Also, I've found that any extension that is Safari compatible also works for these two. Trust me, I rarely leave reviews but save yourself the headache and ditch this app.
Keeps improving all the time, but not perfect.
I use Chrome as my primary browser on three desktop platforms so I've been using it here on iOS for a while. I'm pleased that Google Chrome continues to improve and make my user experience better. The addition of password manager support in the latest update is most welcome. That was my biggest annoyance before, and the new "pull to reload" gestures are also a great improvement.
Overall though, the syncing experience is great and I appreciate other apps that let me "open in Chrome."
Navigation is neither quick nor easy
All the intended features work fine. But the biggest thing stopping me from switching to chrome from the "other browser" (and I do want to just to keep everything in sink with my computers) is the navigation.
First, after upgrading to iPhone 6, it's pretty hard to navigate with one hand. The back button is in the top left corner, it would be much better to move navigation to the bottom.
Second, after getting used to just being able to swipe left or right to back and forth, it's a must have, at least for me. Swiping To switch between tabs is just not useful for me at all, don't know about other people. But I go back or forward from a page in the same tab more often then I switch tabs. The navigation controls can even be left at the top if swiping to go back and forth is added.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 42.0.2311.47
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.