Google Chrome – The Fast and Secure Web Browser
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 54.0.2840.66
• No internet connection? Smile and tap the dinosaur
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Avoid This Browser
Once upon a time, this browser was a simple, functional alternative to Safari; however, with the past few updates, Google should consider rebranding this app from Chrome to Crash. In just the span of attempting to read some articles on Google News, the browser has force crashed over a dozen times. In each instance, the page will open for roughly 5 to 7 seconds before each crash. Even running in a single tab, it crashes. The subsequent suggestions/troubleshooting are useless in fixing the issue. At this point, I would recommend sticking with Safari, or exploring other alternatives (unless you want to be frustrated by just how broken an app can be).
Use chrome on everything and absolutely love it. I like how you can resume where you left off at home on your phone or tablet. Chrome has its issues (cookies and cached data build up pretty badly and RAM usage can be high). But chrome has always been my go to browser because it syncs to all of my devices seamlessly and if anything happens like a crash it can take me right back to where I left off. I love chrome and don't think I'll ever need another browser!
Typing lags and bookmark icons have disappeared.
Browser is slow, typing lags horribly, bookmarks icons disappear when scrolling down the screen. Chrome for iPad keeps forgetting my passwords. Please let us have the old bookmark method back, where we would have larger square icons that did not disappear when I scroll down the screen AND they sorted themselves horizontally across the screen, from left to right. I remove the titles on all of my bookmarks to be able to fit more on my desktop Chrome browser. The list-view of small icons is really poor design. I used to rave about how wonderful this browser was, but back in March, it seems to have taken a turn for the worse.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 19, 2016
- Version: 54.0.2840.66
- Size: 98.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.