Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 45.0.2454.68
• Support for iOS 9
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Bring back swiping in the middle of the screen between tabs
Google, listen to your customers. It's a streach of the thumb to have to swipe up at the top of the screen to go between tabs.
Here's how I use the browser so maybe you can understand.
1. Chrome likes to reload the page when going back. That causes a delay and extra data to be consumed. Therefore when browsing pages with links I don't want to go back and forth since that causes the main page to be reloaded over and over.
2. When viewing sites with links, I open links in new tabs so they can go ahead and open and download in the back ground. Once I get a handful of links open in other tabs I start navigating to those and reading their content. I then go from tab to tab.
So going tab to tab is way quicker then going back and forth. But now going from tab to tab requires a reach of my thumb which requires a change of my grip to do. That slows me down
Great browser needs a little more love
I love being able to stay synced across all devices and use it often when Safari lags on flash sites.
BUT. WOULD YOU PLEASE let me swipe to move back and forward?!?! It's just way more intuitive and easier than pressing a tiny back button with my not-so-fat thumbs.
Edit..new version lets me swipe. I reinstalled and am happy using chrome across all my devices. Yippee!!
Still the best alternative to stock Safari
I hope that most users of the browser do realize the browser, or any browser on the App Store cannot give you the user the experience that they are looking for due to the limitations/restrictions that Apple has ..
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 02, 2015
- Version: 45.0.2454.68
- Size: 71.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.