Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 43.0.2357.61
• Stability fixes.
Not Ready for Prime Time
This App is definitely not ready for distribution, and certainly far short of a table browser that deserves to be your default. Google has a superior product in Chrome for desktop, but the tablet version falls way, way short. The most obvious faults, and those that will keep me away until fixed, are treatments of bookmarks and scrolling. Instead of being accessible in a drop-down, hierarchical menu, bookmarks open full-screen as a matrix of folders and site icon.
My biggest complaint is that this 'updated' version of Chrome is slow, slow, slow. And it's only gotten slower with recent updates - Google is spending so much time loading ads that one can't get to the web site one is trying to reach. What's more, updating those ads all the time means that Chrome will not scroll smoothly - the page just 'jitters' instead of moving with any fluidity at all.
Get with it Google, and you might just attract some users.
Awesome browser but unstable
This is by far my favorite browser. I love that I'm able to sync all my bookmarks and Settings from my computer onto my iPhone. The only problem is that the app is very unstable, which is unfortunate. This causes browsing to be a pain sometimes because tabs close and you lose where you were in the page.
My favorite browser but now my phone crashes
I've always used this browser from its launch. With this last update, my iPhone 6 Plus on 8.3 began to randomly blue screen crash and reboot.
After deleting the app, the crashes have stopped. Once this is addressed, I'll be redownloading the app again.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 23, 2015
- Version: 43.0.2357.61
- Size: 70.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.