Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 44.0.2403.67
• Swipe to navigate: swipe right or left to navigate backward or forward
• Swipe on the address bar to switch tabs
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Corrected an issue that caused improper display of a settings menu.
Frustrating to use on daily basis.
I've been using chrome for the past several months, and it was perfectly fine for most of the year, until later on. The app has a tendency to refresh tabs a lot which can be incredibly annoying. I am usually using several tabs for school work, and when I switch to one to read an article, or have a comment on a sight being typed up, it is refreshed and I lose it. I cannot even begin where this has happened so much, and it can be really frustrating. It also has a tendency to crash even when scrolling down a normal wikipedia page or news article, and can lag a lot, and every now and then takes a long time to load up a page. The app is presented nicely, and is a nice way to access web pages and the internet, but the way it functions, and constant errors plaguing the app overcomes the pros, and not the cons. If you could possibly focus on improving the app's stability and able to hold more then three tabs at once, it can maybe get three stars.
Frustrating To Use
I normally don't review apps. If I'm unhappy with the way it functions, I delete it and look for something better. I happened to really like Chrome before the last update or two so I keep hoping it will get fixed.
My biggest issue is it refreshes pages constantly. If I am working with several different pages and leave one to look at something on another it refreshes and I lose my place completely.
Another issue is it constantly closes the keyboard. I don't know how many times I've accidentally clicked on a link while typing because the keyboard closed mid-type.
Last big complaint is it crashes frequently! Sometime several times a day and I have to completely close out of the app before it will work again. These are issue reported by many and I hope the developers are working on a resolution or I will be searching for a new browser or switching back to Safari.
Bring back tab swiping
Google has a tendency to change things for no reason, despite what users actually want. Sometimes this is fine and sometimes it's for the worse. In the case of removing swiping to switch tabs, it's for the much worse. The nice thing about tab swiping is you don't need to reach all the way up to the top of the screen to switch tabs. This is especially important on bigger phones like the 6 and 6 Plus. It's not a good solution to swipe at the navigation bar, because that's still too far for the my thumb to reach without adjusting my grip.
Who needs to go back and forward so frequently that they really need a dedicated gesture for it? I would be shocked if this were really such a highly requested feature. Sometimes the Google product team is so dense and ignorant of its user's preferences.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 27, 2015
- Version: 44.0.2403.67
- Size: 70.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.