Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 46.0.2490.85
• Resolved an issue with Omnibox queries failing to display properly
• Third-party keyboards have been disabled due to crashes caused by a bug in iOS 9
I LOVE CHROME. But a few suggestions.
I love Chrome. I use it on my phone instead of Safari and on my PC instead of Edge for various reasons. But I have two suggestions that will make Chrome for iOS a great experience (maybe) for everyone.
#1 Third-party keyboards. I know your update said that third-party keyboards were causing crashes, but I think you should put back the functionality for users, because it is their choice to use a third-party keyboard, and you should put a warning for third-party keyboards until you can find a fix, but please don't disable them. I use my third-party keyboard all the time.
#2 Your own keyboard! You should make a Google Keyboard for iOS, like the one you would normally see on your devices, because I love Google Keyboard with its swipe feature and its vibration when you type, and would love to see it on my iPhone. You could also make the keyboard loyal to your apps, like exclusive features when the keyboard is being used on one of your apps. I will update my review if anything changes. Until then, keep up the good work on your apps, Google!
Menu Drop Down STILL Not Working!
The 3 vertical dots in the upper right, "menu button," only turns blue when tapped. The actual menu flashes open for a fraction of a second but it doesn't appear almost like it's been hidden. The dots remain blue, but nothing shows up. If, however, you tap on the web address bar when the dots are blue then an email will open for you to mail the link, as though you selected it from the menu. If you tap carefully in certain spots were these buttons would be if the menu was showing, you are able to stop/refresh the browser, open private browsing session, etc. This has been an on-going issue throughout several updates that have been pushed out and nothing has changed or fixed this error. Have uninstalled & reinstalled still nothing. This is absurd that an error this big hasn't been solved.
I'm on iPhone 6 iOS 8.4.
Not the Chrome I know and love
I've been using Chrome on OSX since it first became available. It's quick, stable, and easy to use. The iOS version is relatively quick and relatively user friendly, but flaky and unstable. Especially since the latest version of iOS, Chrome crashes almost without fail within five minutes of opening the app. It doesn't play well with keyboard add-ons, and just stopped recognizing them entirely today, which was the last straw for me. So, Firefox it is, until the good folks at Google get their act together.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 46.0.2490.85
- Size: 69.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.