Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 40.0.2214.73
• Bug and stability fixes.
Bugs and no bug reporting feature
I am leaving this bug report as a review because there is no easy or apparent way to report bugs in the app.
The fact that there is no bug reporting feature is part of the reason for the one-star rating. The second reason is because there is an large bug in the latest versions on Chrome that has yet to be fixed. The third reason is because the bug that is problematic severely limits the functionality of the app. The fourth reason is because there was such a lengthy delay between the release of the latest version and a bug fix release. With this being such important app from Google, bug fixes should be coming much more often.
All that said, the bug in Question that has been plaguing chrome since its initial release of the latest version is that the context menu, that is, the menu accessed by tapping the button with three dots arranged vertically that gives access to search, save, and other functions does not work. When tapped, the button is highlighted, but no menu is displayed. This issue remains even after the update today. Obviously, this bug severely limits the functionality and usefulness of the app, and it is a wonder it has gone this long without being corrected.
Although this is largely a bug report, there is no way to give the current version of this app a higher rating with such limited functionality due to this bug. If this bug didn't exist, the rating would be higher.
Please address this soon.
Comcast Xfinity badness
At first, Chrome and Safari were awful on my Comcast Xfinity WiFi. Other places were fine. After lots of fiddling, I found it was Xfinity with the new public WiFi causing the problem. To fix: unplug your personal router. With the power still on, press and hold the reset button on the back of your Comcast router, then let go. Wait 5 minutes, and don't skip this part, it's IMPORTANT! Come back and turn on your personal modem. All fixed, typing searches are responsive and pages load all the way. Hope this helps!
Why are there so many ads for such a lame app? Google chrome advertises the "ok Google" constantly; and quite frankly, what is so astonishing about it. First off, you don't say "ok Google" to activate the voice search, you click the microphone. Furthermore, why say "ok Google" when all you have to do is speak what you want to type. Also, I can just search on Safari with no problem at all. This app is lame, overestimated, and a fraud. I have never been so disappointed in all my life! Why is there such a big hubbub about an app that is exactly like safari, all you do is search stuff. Google aught to be ashamed at this app. There is nothing to great about it.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 17, 2015
- Version: 40.0.2214.73
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, En, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.