By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Chromecast devices allow you to stream media to your TV or speakers using your phone, tablet or laptop. Cast your favorite content from your apps on your iPhone®, iPad®, Android device, or laptop right to the biggest screen and best speakers in the home.
The Chromecast app is your one-stop shop for exploring what you can do with Chromecast. Use the Chromecast app to:
• Easily browse trending and popular content from your Cast-enabled apps
• Explore and discover more Cast-enabled apps to watch, listen to and play on your TV
• Use voice search to find content by movie, TV show or actor
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Chromecast devices.
• Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery
• Plus, find the latest on new apps, offers, and features added to your Chromecast.
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 1.12.5998
New content & app discovery features:
• What’s On: Browse popular and featured content from your favorite cast-enabled apps.
• Get Apps: Discover new offers and cast-enabled apps from content partners, through our curated and merchandised experience.
• Search: Find where you can cast your favorite movies and TV shows.
• iOS9 compatibility & bug fixes
I'm ecstatic, but...
Chromecast 2.0 (the new model just released this month) finally works with my Apple AirPort Extreme!! Couldn't be more thrilled. I loved my original Chromecast, back when I was using some NetGear router, and I was devastated it wasn't compatible with my AirPort Extreme when I brought that home from the store more than a year ago. So thrilled to have a Chromecast back in my life. 😁
One complaint: It *feels* like you should be able to use your Google Photos "Collections" — and not just your "Albums" — when setting up your "Backdrop". Would love to see that change made at some point down the road!!
Also looking forward to the day when this app keeps track of tv episodes I've watched through various other apps and can suggest (and notify me) when the latest episode's available to watch. But much of that depends on the various network app developers, from what I understand. Hope they're reading!! 😜
Also felt like some of the "backdrop" settings menu navigation was redundant and/or over-complicated, but I'm sure that'll all be ironed out in time.
Prefers own google play content over 3rd party apps
Searched for something that's on Netflix, chromecast only displays google play and doesn't show you the Netflix. However, searching for a Netflix exclusive like narcos does show up.
This is pretty ridiculous and I can't depend at all on chromecast to provide recommissioning on content if it's going to try to deceive me on trying to rent or buy something I already have access to elsewhere.
Still Doesn't Work
After this second update Chromecast still doesn't work. I go through the set up again, set everything up, and then when I click on devices my device doesn't show up. Nor does the symbol show up in any of my apps. I am extremely frustrated, everything was working great before these last two updates. Fix the problem Google!!!!!!!!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 07, 2015
- Version: 1.12.5998
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.