By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Simply use a smartphone, tablet, or laptop to cast your favorite entertainment and apps right to the big screen.
Use the Chromecast app to:
• Set up your Chromecast and connect it to your Wi-Fi network
• Personalize your TV home screen with art, personal photos, news and more by setting up backdrop
• Manage your Chromecast settings (such as changing your device name, Wi-Fi password, etc.)
What's New in Version 1.11.4116
- Redesigned devices view, showing devices as cards with backdrop and casting status
- Added setting to change backdrop speed
- Browse through history of backdrop images recently shown on your Chromecasts
- Improved reliability and performance of backdrop cards
- Improved multi-user and multi-Chromecast backdrop settings
- New backdrop content: Street Art from Google Cultural Institute
When I first got my Chromecast, I set it up and everything worked perfectly. All the apps worked, full functionality. I was so excited. It worked great for a few weeks and then all of a sudden it went completely sideways. The icon no longer appears in the apps half the time. When you do see, it disappears. If you are able to initiate a cast, you immediately get an error message and then you can't control the cast. And there's more than one error message, there's like five at least, listing problems with the Chromecast, wifi, etc. Apple doesn't support it. You call Google and they're absolutely useless, all they do is tell you to reboot it, reset it, whatever. I took my first one back and got a new one, and the same problems persisted. To date, I can still cast from my desktop, but the purpose of the whole thing is lost. It's like having a pet snail.
It's good, until...
Good, cheap option for streaming on your television... Until you want to do other things on your tablet. Chromecast tells you that you can start the show, then back out of the app to do other things on your tablet - which is true, right up until you want to pause your show like any normal human being. Then you have to reopen the app streaming your show/movie but the app won't always give you a "now playing" option. It is this way for multiple apps which leads me to believe that it's a Chromecast problem. Then you have to go find the show you're watching and figure out how to do something with it, but instead you'll probably just end up restarting what you were watching from the beginning. Very frustrating!
1000% TRASH! Please trust the reviews!
This device is terrible! If I could give 0 stars I would! From the first time I tried to setup I should have known something was up when it took over an hour to be able to cast anything.. After the hour that night everything was fine... Next morning tried to connect... I was disconnected and had to add a device... After another hour I gave up..I had to do this everyday for the first week.. Now it will say I'm connected and show my chromecast connected to wifi on the tv.. But when I go to cast.. It says connect device.. So frustrating! I wish I could return but my nephew tore the box up.. Please save your money! This is by far the WORST item I have ever bought! Extremely disappointed in Google.. They are usually great😡
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 22, 2015
- Version: 1.11.4116
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.