By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Cast devices allow you to cast your favorite entertainment from your phone, tablet or laptop directly to your TV or speakers. You can cast to Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, and TVs and Speakers with Google Cast built-in. Simply tap the Cast button from 1000s of Cast-enabled apps on your iPhone®, iPad®, Android device, or laptop to send content to the biggest screen and best speakers in the home. The Google Cast app is your one-stop shop for exploring what you can do with Google Cast. Use the Google Cast app to:
• Easily browse trending and popular content from your Cast-enabled apps
• Explore and discover more Cast-enabled apps to watch, listen to and play on your TV
• Use voice search to find content by movie, TV show or actor
• Sync your speakers together with Multi-room groups, so you can enjoy playback in every room.
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Google Cast devices.
• Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery
• Plus, find the latest on new apps, offers, and features added to your Google Cast.
* Some features not available in all countries.
What's New in Version 1.14.7927
Bug fixes and improvements
IGNORE THE REVIEWS⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Honest opinion, these people (negative reviewers) are doing something wrong, or have a crappy wifi setup. Bought this Chrome unit from Walmart on sale for like $20 (go ahead and compare to Firestick prices) and with the free app, I GET TO WATCH ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING ON ANY TV ANYWHERE **with wifi or decent cell service** !! I will admit setting the thing up was a slight headache, but after some playing around, function is seamless. Haven't had any issues, don't know what the 1 and 2 stars are complaining about - likely an issue with the user, not the Chrome cast.
I'm considering Amazon's Firestick now
I thought my chromecast was just getting old, it happens. But I just purchased the newer chromecast yesterday from Bestbuy and it's having the same problems. Both chromecasts seem to disappear as soon as I complete the setup process. No amount of resetting, restarting, or reconnecting will fix it. They work about 15% of the time now. Based on the other reviews, it looks like this has been a problem for MONTHS. Millions of people use chromecast, you can buy it in almost every electronics store, and yet no one with an Apple device can seem to make it work anymore. Where are you Google? I'm returning mine to Bestbuy and trying something else.
The app will not detect my chromecast device on my tablet
I have many times tried to open the app on my Ipad. When it opens and I click on devices it will not detect my chromecast device. The only way I can get it to work properly is to restart or power on/off the Ipad then opening the app again. Honestly it gets very annoying doing it everytime. With my Iphone i never have a problem it works great. Need to fix the problem wit the App using the Ipad. Thanks.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 25, 2016
- Version: 1.14.7927
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.