By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Chromecast devices allow you to stream media to your TV or speakers using your phone, tablet or laptop. Cast your favorite content from your apps on your iPhone®, iPad®, Android device, or laptop right to the biggest screen and best speakers in the home.
The Chromecast app is your one-stop shop for exploring what you can do with Chromecast. Use the Chromecast app to:
• Easily browse trending and popular content from your Cast-enabled apps
• Explore and discover more Cast-enabled apps to watch, listen to and play on your TV
• Use voice search to find content by movie, TV show or actor
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Chromecast devices.
• Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery
• Plus, find the latest on new apps, offers, and features added to your Chromecast.
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 1.12.5998
New content & app discovery features:
• What’s On: Browse popular and featured content from your favorite cast-enabled apps.
• Get Apps: Discover new offers and cast-enabled apps from content partners, through our curated and merchandised experience.
• Search: Find where you can cast your favorite movies and TV shows.
• iOS9 compatibility & bug fixes
I'm ecstatic, but...
Chromecast 2.0 (the new model just released this month) finally works with my Apple AirPort Extreme!! Couldn't be more thrilled. I loved my original Chromecast, back when I was using some NetGear router, and I was devastated it wasn't compatible with my AirPort Extreme when I brought that home from the store more than a year ago. So thrilled to have a Chromecast back in my life. 😁
One complaint: It *feels* like you should be able to use your Google Photos "Collections" — and not just your "Albums" — when setting up your "Backdrop". Would love to see that change made at some point down the road!!
Also looking forward to the day when this app keeps track of tv episodes I've watched through various other apps and can suggest (and notify me) when the latest episode's available to watch. But much of that depends on the various network app developers, from what I understand. Hope they're reading!! 😜
Also felt like some of the "backdrop" settings menu navigation was redundant and/or over-complicated, but I'm sure that'll all be ironed out in time.
Problems with AirPort Extreme
I finally get the 1st generation chromecast work with AirPort Extreme. My chromecast works before this update, but after the app updated, the cast cannot be found in my wifi list. First I unplug the disk with power then replug it and press the button on the disk for about one minute. Then connect it with my TV, the disk should be a "new" cast now and then I can find it in my wifi list. Just follow the instruction and I got stuck with "connecting to" my home wifi. Looks like the cast cannot share the same wifi with my iPhone. Now turn off AirPort Extreme, the TV showed cannot connect to my home wifi. Then turn on AirPort Extreme. The cast will work now!
Update ruined this app
Before the brand spanking new update to make this app look prettier (let's face it.. That's all it did), I relied HEAVILY on my chromecast. I loved it. It was a miracle device that stopped me from having to scramble and constantly connect my computer to my tv to stream stuff. Since the update, the app has been total crap. It constantly crashes or loses connectivity with the app AND the chromecast device. I can't ever pause Netflix for too long or else I have to re-setup the device again. The app CONSTANTLY "loses" my chromecast to the point where I have to set it up again. And I have done this countless times since the update.
I'm about ready to just chuck the chromecast out my window and buy Apple TV which is way more expensive.
Oh yeah and the connectivity is total crap when it does work. Sometimes it's better to just watch my shows on my laptop because it seems like the chromecast can't buffer fast enough.
As my grandmother always said, IF IT'S NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT!
Pull a Coca-Cola and go back to the original formula.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 07, 2015
- Version: 1.12.5998
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.