By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Cast devices allow you to cast your favorite entertainment from your phone, tablet or laptop directly to your TV or speakers. You can cast to Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, and TVs and Speakers with Google Cast built-in. Simply tap the Cast button from 1000s of Cast-enabled apps on your iPhone®, iPad®, Android device, or laptop to send content to the biggest screen and best speakers in the home. The Google Cast app is your one-stop shop for exploring what you can do with Google Cast. Use the Google Cast app to:
• Easily browse trending and popular content from your Cast-enabled apps
• Explore and discover more Cast-enabled apps to watch, listen to and play on your TV
• Use voice search to find content by movie, TV show or actor
• Sync your speakers together with Multi-room groups, so you can enjoy playback in every room.
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Google Cast devices.
• Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery
• Plus, find the latest on new apps, offers, and features added to your Google Cast.
* Some features not available in all countries.
What's New in Version 1.16.1403
We’re always trying to improve your experience. Here are a few updates to make the Google Cast app even better. Happy Casting!
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Got a Chromecast about two and a half months ago while I was waiting for my closed Cox Communications account to be switched to Verizon FIOS. Figured we'd used the unlimited data on our phones and at least be able to watch something for ten day waiting period. It turns out that in that ten days we fell in love, and now use the Chromecast device, and the Google cast app as much as we use the cable we pay for, video on demand, what the Information Age is all about.
Great product, but still glitchy at times
I love my chromecast! My only problem with it is that there are times when my CC device is clearly on and connected to wifi, but neither my iPhone or iPad will recognize any devices in the CC app... It's very frustrating because then I will have to completely reset it (just a reboot never works) and sometimes it take me resetting it and reconnecting a few times!! When its functioning properly, it's amazing and I love it though. For the cost, it's really hard to complain!
Concept is great, but extremely disappointing that every time you make edits it stops working!
Why can you not in you test development process test out any upgrades so that your system doesn't automatically gets rejected from current settings and you have to go back and reinstall as a brand new user from scratch.
I've been a loyal Google Chrome Cast user + 2 years but I'm out of patience setting up the system again and again, as a new a new user because Google continue making another round of edits without fist checking if the users would get kicked out and reinstall from scratch. I need to find another more reliable service that does not keep failing.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 22, 2016
- Version: 1.16.1403
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.