By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Cast devices allow you to cast your favorite entertainment from your phone, tablet or laptop directly to your TV or speakers. You can cast to Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, and TVs and Speakers with Google Cast built-in. Simply tap the Cast button from 1000s of Cast-enabled apps on your iPhone®, iPad®, Android device, or laptop to send content to the biggest screen and best speakers in the home. The Google Cast app is your one-stop shop for exploring what you can do with Google Cast. Use the Google Cast app to:
• Easily browse trending and popular content from your Cast-enabled apps
• Explore and discover more Cast-enabled apps to watch, listen to and play on your TV
• Use voice search to find content by movie, TV show or actor
• Sync your speakers together with Multi-room groups, so you can enjoy playback in every room.
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Google Cast devices.
• Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery
• Plus, find the latest on new apps, offers, and features added to your Google Cast.
* Some features not available in all countries.
What's New in Version 1.15.2004
We’re always trying to improve your experience. A few updates to make Google Cast app even better. Happy Casting!
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
• Support for setting up Cast TV devices
Thanks for using Google Cast!
I was reading the reviews here and thought, okay, this is going to be terrible and it isn't going to work. But, I am visiting relatives, and decided to try anyway as I needed a way to get Netflix to their TVs for my daughter. I downloaded this, immediately connected to their device, and was up and running in around 45 seconds.
I've had no problems since the updates to google cast and etc... It's possible the update corrupted your device unfortunately. I love my Chromecast and this app works great for the back drops and maintaining the Chromecast itself.
Broken by update!!
I should have read the reviews before updating. I updated the app before going away with my family for the weekend. We were about to watch some movies and chrome cast is not working. It's the same issues that many users have complained about in their reviews. I cannot believe that Google has not fix this since I am sure they are looking at the reviews. I have to now purchase roku. Beware; DO NOT UPDATE!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 11, 2016
- Version: 1.15.2004
- Size: 23.9 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.