Chronicle - Bill Management
By LittleFin LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
If you pay bills, you need Chronicle. It gives you the peace of mind of never having to worry about whether you paid a bill again.
*** Syncs with iOS via iCloud ***
Even if you use another finance application for general finance, you need Chronicle. One late payment can wreak havoc on your credit score, leading to higher interest rates and denied loans-- in short, completely affecting your financial life.
That's why you need Chronicle. Chronicle will remind you when your bills are due, even when it isn't running. And in just a few minutes a month, you can handle everything related to paying your bills.
• Never forget a bill -- get reminded when your bills are due with alerts that can be synced to your iPhone and across all your Macs, even when Chronicle isn't running.
• Easily pay your bills online using Chronicle's integrated browser, or your default browser.
• Keep proof of all your payments -- store confirmation numbers and receipts right in Chronicle, so you always have proof of your payments.
• Get reminders in your notification center and put bills on your calendar. Chronicle can remind you via notification center on Mountain Lion, and on all Macs, can add your bills to your calendar so you can visually see when they are due.
MACWORLD gives Chronicle 4.5 out of 5 mice:
"Chronicle is one of the slickest finance apps available for the Mac. It’s easy to use and easy on the eyes, and it’s worthy of a spot on anyone’s Dock." -Macworld.com, 1/19/12
Syncing is built in:
You can sync Chronicle data with multiple Macs using Dropbox, details below!
You can sync Chronicle's reminders to iOS: http://go.littlefin.com/cloud
See a quick start video at chronicleapp.com
What Others Are Saying:
"Chronicle is an excellent App that has enabled me, once and for all to control my Bills and no longer have any surprises."
--MacUpdate User Review
"A great simple app to keep track of your monthly bills."
--The Easy Mac
"Simple yet powerful, with all the features I need and a very good interface" --MacStories
What's New in Version 5.7.0
Another free update with new features! If you like Chronicle, please consider taking a moment to leave an review or rating in the App Store, it really helps.
Chronicle 5.7 adds several NEW features, including:
1. Support for bills with variable amounts due. When you check this box, an empty amount due will now show as "Not Set" instead of $0. And, when you log a partial payment, the amount due will automatically decrease.
2. Support for handoff between Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. When you are viewing any bill (or all bills or a specific tag), then handoff will allow you to view the same bills on another device with one tap or click.
3. New, improved icon to better match iOS version and improve legibility on dock.
More info at our blog: http://chronicleapp.com/handoff-other-new-chronicle-features/
Simple and Useful Concept, Excellent Execution
While this piece of software may initally strike users as unusally ‘one-task’ (i.e., bill management), the experience of using Chronicle will prove its value. I have long wanted an easy to use application to help me manage and track my monthly bills, but have often been overwhelmend (YNAB) or unimpressed (Koku) with the applications that have attempted to serve this role. Chronicle is a refreshingly simple, well executed application that provides a bill managment system worth every penny. The best thing about the application is its dedicated purpose. This is not a task manager that will become cluttered with other projects and to-dos, it is not a calendar application that will be filled with birthdays and appointments; it provides a seperate, automatically organized location to manage bills and collect payment records (which answers the question of what to do with those “Print this page for your records” documents).
The $15 price tage is ½ of the cost of a late-payment fee, so if you’re on the fence about purchasing consider the possibility that if this application helps you avoid a single late-payment fee it has already paid for itself.
As another reviewer mentioned, I too consider this an essential app. I use the mobile and desktop versions to keep track of my bills. This has helped me to better budget my expenditures, and since I’ve started using it, I have never been late on a bill. The new feature for variable billing amounts is nice - I typically adjust the amount each month, but this will make it easier. The option to attach payment confirmation documents to the desktop version is really great, too. Admittedly, I’ve just started doing that, but I know if I keep it up, someday it will save me a lot of time.
If you’re not good at keeping it all in your head, you must get this app!
Use to work. Not Intuitive
I have been using this app for a little over a year. The data use to sync over iCloud, but for some reason the OSX version and the iOS version are not in sync anymore… They both say they last updated today, but the iOS version doesn’t have any of the udpates from the latest OSX app.
The app looks nice, and seems like a good idea, but it just isn’t very intuitive. I’ve been waiting for this app to get better, but all it essentially does is create calendar events… There are no receipts, printable reports, card pay off plans, api to link actual due amounts… There really isn’t anything special about this app, and the fact that it no longer stays in sync and I consequently had a late paymet, I will no longer be using this app.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jul 01, 2015
- Version: 5.7.0
- Size: 18.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: LittleFin LLC
- © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 LittleFin LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor