Chronicle - A Personal Journal / Diary / Writing Notebook
By Steven Romej
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ideas, stories, and life’s events. Capture them in a journal that’s easy to carry and offers more than bound sheets.
Chronicle is simple. It's an effective way to start writing more, today. More importantly, the app protects what you write. Export your journal entries to read on your computer or share with others. You can also create backups and save them to other apps such as Dropbox, Drive, and Evernote.
Take a break from your social network. Write comfortably and benefit from being able to find anything you wrote with built-in search. Search results include relevant snippets of text so you can easily find the exact entry you’re looking for.
Start keeping a journal or diary. Organize chapters for a novel. Jot down notes and ideas. You can always export what you’ve written for safekeeping.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
* "A great app - probably my favourite app on my new iPad actually. Thanks!" - Jennifer N. v1.1.3
* "This is a developer who cares about quality product and is willing to consider any feature and solve any problem." - rbart09 on v1.0.6
* "Be assured that even with zero changes, this app is a real winner and a bargain at that!" - DeborahJay on v1.0
* "This is an elegant app that makes journaling with the iPad a snap, pretty much any time anywhere." - chaletchic on v1.0.3
* "I love the ease of use and simplicity, it really promotes getting your ideas down quickly and efficiently." - Tim Thomas on v1.0.2
THINGS YOU CAN DO
* Distraction free writing in portrait or landscape mode
* Add photos and put them where you want. The text flows around them
* No limit to the number of photos you can put on the page
* Pick your font and font size just like you do in iBooks
* Customize the text color of your journal
* Adjust the date of your entries by tapping the date
* Resize and rotate photos. Tap to view a fullscreen, zoomable version.
* Customize your journal by picking a page color
* Fast search that provides context around keywords
* Support for Dynamic Type means text is never too small to read
* Extended keyboard makes it easy to insert timestamps into your writing
* Optimized scrolling; scroll back a whole year in a few seconds
* Option to password protect your journal entries
* Export single entries via email, with photos embedded
* Quick launch. Chronicle remembers the last entry you were on.
* Arrange your photos by dragging them; rotate with two fingers
* Autosave and undo while you're writing
If you need a way to organize your writing, get the Notebooks add-on with in-app purchase. The cover is styled based on your text settings within the notebook. You'll have unlimited notebooks that you can drag and reorder as needed.
Thank you for all of the emails with compliments and suggestions! Please consider rating the app or leaving a review.
If you have a problem or you're upset about something, the only way I can help you is if you contact me. Please try that first and give me a chance.
Please contact me at slidetorock.com with any questions or suggestions.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
- Privacy lock enhancements, especially for older devices
- Ability to export all entries as a text file
- Faster backup and export creation
- Ability to Mail your backups or you can 'Open In...' to save them elsewhere
- Fix for incorrect entry date in search results
- Improved crash reporting to make sure things get fixed faster
- App keeps recent backups, cleans up older ones to save storage
- Fix for database concurrency issues that could lead to rare crash
- Minor performance update related to displaying entry date
If you enjoy Chronicle, please take a moment to leave a review or star rating. This helps make more app updates possible, especially since the App Store hides previous reviews with each new app update.
- Improved autosave support
- Ability to import shared Photo Stream photos
- Ability to import the .backup file format from previous Chronicle / Chapters app
- Main views blurred in multitasking app switcher view for enhanced privacy (iOS 8)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting an entry in portrait orientation
- Support for quick backup of all entries
- Fix for crash that could occur when sliding passcode on/off switch
- Made creating backup of selected entries faster
- Fixed a bug that could prevent popovers from appearing
- Completely updated for iOS 8 (full support for devices on 7.0 also)
- Your text now flows around your photos
- PDFs now include photos
- Reduced app download size
Very good with a few things that need improvement
This app is smooth, simple, and sophisticated. It provides for an excellent writing experience. I like having the ability to write in many journals, to change the type faces and background colors, and to fit photographs neatly into the text.
I appreciate having the dates appear in the column of entries; however, I would prefer even more to have a calendar picker that would enable me to select entries when moving quickly through the months.
In my opinion this app hs one serious limitation, which is that, although one can backup documents to the Dropbox, one cannot export a document to dropbox and then import that item into the same app on a different device. Backups are in txt or pdf form, and can thus be imported into apps using accepting those formats; however, the Chronicles app itself will not except the txt or pdf files that have been exported by Chronicles on another device.
I really like this app because I have been looking for one that allows the inclusion of pictures throughout the text with the options of resizing them, changing their orientation, moving them around, etc. I would have given this app a five rating if you could see your pics while you're in writing mode. In writing mode, if you don't want the text to wrap around the pic, you have to make spaces for the pics. This is inconvenient because you can't edit and see the pics at the same time. But overall, it's the best app I've seen that allows the use of pics throughout the text and even backs them up when exported in pdf format. It just needs a little more work. This developer is definitely on the right track.
Great Little Journal App
I have had this app for quite a while and have always enjoyed using it. It is easy to understand and useful in keeping up with any information that I want to remember on any day. The only thing that I don't like is that with one of their updates they took out the time stamp in the posts. I wish the times were still there because many times I come back more than once a day to write and it is nice to go back and look to see what time of day I came back to write. I use this app to keep up with my Bible devotions and the events of the day.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steven Romej
- © 2011-2015 Steven Romej
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Multiple Notebooks$1.99