Chronicle for iPad - A personal journal
By Steven Romej
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ideas, stories, and life’s events. Capture them in a single journal that’s easy to carry and offers more than bound sheets.
Chronicle is simple. It's an effective way to start writing more, now. More importantly, the app protects what you write. Export your journal and read it on your computer or enable the Dropbox feature to store your backups in the cloud.
Take a break from your social network. Write comfortably and benefit from being able to find anything you wrote with built-in search. Search results include relevant snippets of text so you can easily find the exact entry you’re looking for.
Start keeping a journal or diary. Organize chapters for a novel. Jot down notes and ideas. You can always export what you’ve written for safekeeping.
You can export your entire journal as a website. Browse on your computer, archive it, or upload it to let everyone see. See a picture of this on the app's website.
Create backup files and save them to your computer. You can always import them again if you lose data (or lose your iPad). You can even import backup files that you create using the iPhone version of this app!
The app is able to use Dropbox to store your backups in the cloud. It also makes moving your writing between your iPad and iPhone easy.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
* "A great app - probably my favourite app on my new iPad actually. Thanks!" - Jennifer N. v1.1.3
* "This is a developer who cares about quality product and is willing to consider any feature and solve any problem." - rbart09 on v1.0.6
* "Be assured that even with zero changes, this app is a real winner and a bargain at that!" - DeborahJay on v1.0
* "This is an elegant app that makes journaling with the iPad a snap, pretty much any time anywhere." - chaletchic on v1.0.3
* "I love the ease of use and simplicity, it really promotes getting your ideas down quickly and efficiently." - Tim Thomas on v1.0.2
THINGS YOU CAN DO
* Distraction free writing in portrait or landscape mode
* Pick your font and font size just like you do in iBooks
* Make your text lighter or darker with a tap
* Adjust the date of your entries by tapping the date
* Add photos from your library and slide them where you want
* Pinch to resize photos. Use two fingers to rotate.
* Customize your journal by picking your own background color
* Calendar view makes viewing entries across months easy
* Fast search that provides context around keywords
* A couple options for displaying and appending timestamps
* Optimized scrolling; scroll back a whole year in a few seconds
* Photo browser lets you view and zoom photos by tapping them
* Option to password protect your journal entries
* Export single entries via email, with photos embedded
* Export the text of your journal by email
* Export your journal as a website for browsing on your computer (save via iTunes sync)
* Export your journal’s text to Google Docs online
* Create a PDF version of your writing - your font choice is used for the exported copy too
* Tag each entry with a badge icon to indicate moods, events, themes
* Quickly navigate to other entries with the up/down buttons, like in Mail
* Resume fast; Chronicle remembers the last entry you were on.
* Arrange your photos by dragging them; rotate with two fingers
To enable the store, exit the app and open the Settings app on your iPad. Scroll down and find Chronicle.
If you need more than one journal, consider the Chapters productivity app.
Thank you for all of the emails with compliments and suggestions! Please consider rating the app or leaving a review.
If you have a problem or you're upset about something, the only way I can help you is if you contact me. Please try that first and give me a chance.
Please contact me at slidetorock.com with any questions or suggestions.
What's New in Version 1.1.6
- Fix for occasional crash when viewing entries in portrait
- Updated 3rd party components
And from before:
- Fixes for HTML and PDF export
- Updated Google Docs export support
- Fixed crash that occurred while importing blank entries
- Updated and improved search system (finds as you type)
- Improved Retina display support
- Updated passcode lock features
- Added new font options
- Adjust brightness while reading
- Added new paper-like sheet color option
- Fix for 'lost' photos that were slid out of view
- Updated Dropbox and Google Docs support
- Fixed small memory usage issues
- New fonts and colors available to style pack add-on owners
I searched and downloaded a number of journals before finding this one. I'm using this for a Garden Journal so I needed to be able to add daily entries, change dates for future projects and add photos of plants, all so I can refer back in a years time. So many other journal app's either had too many or to few features. The only wish for this app would be to have the calendar sync with iPhone/iPad and have a reminder function. Other then that, this app is Just Right.
Used to be good
This application was once filled with unique editing features that sat on the top line for easy access. Examples were tab, numbering, date or date time quick entries. The most helpful were the arrows that allowed you to navigate like a normal keyboard. I suppose that a change in the ISO, made all of this go away. That also made this product less attractive. There are also minor bugs that have appeared. I would love to have the old one back.
I have used this app for a little over a year and really like it. I wish it would sync with the iphone app- would be really handy! Otherwise, an elegantly designed app! Oh can we have more awesome little icons?
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 29, 2013
- Version: 1.1.6
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steven Romej
- © 2011 Steven Romej
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Style Pack$0.99
- Tools Pack$0.99
- Prompts Pack$0.99