Q: What is Chronicle Notes? A: Chronicle Notes is a cutting-edge iPad application designed specifically for teachers who do not require a grade book but wish to take advantage of Chronicle’s powerful notetaking capabilities to confer, collect data, collaborate, and more!
Not familiar with Chronicle? Check out some users' descriptions:
- "Chronicle is the most functional, easy to use, and comprehensive conferring app I've ever used."
- "A one of a kind data tracking app for teachers."
Q: What makes Chronicle so powerful? A: "There are tons of handy features that make Chronicle fabulous."; A: "I have used tools like Evernote, Confer, and Three Ring to track my reading conferences and anecdotal assessments, but there have always been missing features. Chronicle has it all!”; A: "Chronicle helps me keep everything documented in one place. I can spend more time working with my students on the skills they need."
Created for teachers by (husband and wife) teachers, Chronicle helps you make instructional decisions, provide valuable feedback, and communicate student growth and needs through the accumulation of rich, informative student data.
Chronicle is ideal for Reading and Writing Workshop but can be used in any subject to:
• efficiently take customizable notes (conferring notes or observational notes) and apply them
to individuals and small groups.
• capture photo, video, and/or audio notes.
• track formative assessments of learning objectives, learning behaviors, or social behaviors
using a unique Traffic Light design.
• create digital student portfolios by designating any note (text, photo, video, and audio) as an
• align teaching with the Common Core Standards (*importing of these standards is optional).
• record and track student progress using an integrated and multifaceted grade book.
• view and share data in a variety of ways.
• promote school-wide collaboration by securely passing data from one year’s teacher to the next.
• keep data safe (capable of being password protected, and data can be backed up and restored via Google Drive).
Due to the exclusion of the grade book in Chronicle Notes, Powerhouse Education is able to offer this app for the fraction of the cost of Chronicle. Users clearly recognize Chronicle's value:
-"Great app!! Worth the money!"
-“Whenever I see apps that cost in the double digits, I become apprehensive of them, but this one is worth every penny."
-"Well worth the 20 bucks!"
Q: Will I be supported? A: Customer service is awesome too - owned and operated by educators."; A: "Powerhouse Education also has amazing customer service. I contacted them before I purchased Chronicle and heard back within twenty-four hours."; A: I encourage you to check out Powerhouse Education's YouTube channel. You will find a variety of videos about their apps, including step by step instructions for setting up the app for your students."
So what are you waiting for? Grab Chronicle Notes and open up all the possibilities! Upgrade your teaching by becoming a Powerhouse teacher today!
*NOTE: 25% off until the next update goes live!
*NOTE: Chronicle Notes is fully compatible with iOS 7.0 and above.
Bug Fixes, Stability and Performance Improvement.
Ratings and Reviews
This app doesn’t allow you to upload speed notes so you have to type them in manually, and then they only show up for one of your classes. If you have 23 classes like I do, you have to type them in over and over and over again. This app is totally useless to me because I do not have time to waste on that.
I’m glad this app allowed me to upload my rosters, but it doesn’t allow you to upload/import speed notes so I started typing them in by hand which took forever and then I realized that the speed notes are only saved for one class. Which means I would have to type them over and over again for each of my 23 classes. That’s ridiculous. What a waste of time. I’m very sorry I purchased this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.