Chronicle - personal journal and secret diary - write notes
By Steven Romej
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Top 150 iPhone app at a great price! -- Chronicle is the perfect way to keep a journal or diary on the iPhone. Also great for writing and searching notes. Features: landscape editing, add pictures, change fonts, background colors, upload to Google Docs, privacy lock.
Let your thoughts flow.
Swipe to delete. View your photos by tilting left into landscape mode.
Write comfortably in portrait or landscape mode and add pictures to your entries. Need to keep your thoughts private? Enable a passcode and you’ll be the only one that can unlock the diary.
You can annotate a day with a smiley, a frown, a star, or one of many other icons. To add a picture from your photo library, tap the photo grid icon.
Tired of the notes app on the iPhone? Use Chronicle to store your notes or lists. The built-in fast searching will make finding things easy – it even shows you the text around the word you searched for, just like Google does.
Safely upload your whole diary to Google Docs. You’ll be able to download your writings as a Word doc or PDF.
Usually, your Google Docs login is your email address. Let me know if you have trouble.
Write right where you are.
* Autosave so you don't lose your thoughts
* Privacy lock - pick a passcode and keep others out
* Export your entire journal via email or upload to Google Docs
* Choose from several fonts.
* Adjust the size and shade of your text so it looks great
* Pick a background color (behind the page)
* Create backups from within the app and save via iTunes or Dropbox
* Fast search helps you dig into the past
* Tap the date on the page to back-date entries
* Add photos from your photo library
* Write in portrait or landscape
* Create multiple entries for any day if you want, or keep editing the same one.
I'm here to help. Contact me by visiting slidetorock.com
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Consider creating a backup or exporting a copy of your journal before updating.
* Improved privacy screen
* You can pick the sort order on the Export screen
* Optional extended keyboard adds extra keys for editing:
- Arrow keys for easy cursor placement within an entry
- Timestamp button inserts current time into entry
* Single entry export - email the current entry with a tap
* Four more fonts (Courier, Cochin, Futura, and Verdana)
* Easy navigation - swipe left or right to see other entries
* Adjust text color shade (light gray, medium, dark, black)
* A photo icon now appears on entry rows that have photos attached
* Better auto-saving for in-progress entries
* Longer passcodes now supported (up to 8 digits)
* Several small memory leaks plugged
* Icon adjustments and high-res image support for Retina display
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Let me know if you need anything!
Good, but needs an update badly!
It's a great journal app, but it's obvious the developer hasn't updated it in quite some time. Dropbox sync no longer works because Dropbox changed something a while ago, & the app hasn't been updated to adapt. The screen doesn't stretch for the taller iPhone 5 screen, so I keep missing the spacebar because there's a black bar where it usually is. If the author could rebuild it with these obvious and trivial changes, it would be a 4-star app. 5 stars if it were universal & synced across devices. I hate paying twice for the same app (iPhone & iPad) but if they don't auto-sync then there's no point to having the iPad app anyway.
I have been using this app for more than two years. It is a good app and I use it daily to journal. I'll give it a five star if it has a Mac version that syncs through iCloud as some of the journaling apps do. When I want to write a lot, it's easier to just do it on a Mac. Without this feature, i may switch to another journaling app. For what the app says it does, it does very well.
Terrific journal program
I really like this program a lot. It's simple to use, so you can focus on what's important -- your writing. And I love the export to Google Docs feature. It works easily, and it's so nice to have a plain text backup instead of having a journal that's tied up in a specific program.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Aug 11, 2011
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steven Romej
- © 2010-2011 Steven Romej
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.