By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The following bugs have been confirmed and fixes are forthcoming:
- Graphic issues occurring on iPhone5S
CHRONO TRIGGER has arrived for the iPhone and iPod touch!
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation) and iPod touch (4th generation). Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
CHRONO TRIGGER is the timeless role-playing classic developed by the "Dream Team" of DRAGON QUEST creator Yuji Horii, Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama, and the creators of FINAL FANTASY.
Featuring revolutionary gameplay and an epic tale of time travel and high adventure, CHRONO TRIGGER captured the hearts of a gaming generation, selling over three-and-a-half million copies around the world.
With CHRONO TRIGGER for iPhone/iPod touch, you can experience the timeless story and dynamic battles of this beloved classic any time, anywhere—with intuitive touch screen controls making the experience smoother than ever. Venture also to the Dimensional Vortex and Lost Sanctum, two additional areas from the Nintendo DS remake of the game.
Journey to the forgotten past, the distant future, and even to the very End of Time. Whether you're a first-time player or a longtime fan, this epic quest to save a planet's future promises hours of enthralling adventure!
- Includes the two additional areas from the Nintendo DS version of the game:
The Dimensional Vortex: A mysterious, ever-changing dungeon existing outside of space and time. What wonders await you at its center?
The Lost Sanctum: Enigmatic gates in prehistoric and medieval times will lead you to these forgotten chambers. Meet the challenges presented to you and long-lost secrets may be revealed...
- Intuitive touch screen controls make it easier than ever to navigate this vast world of adventure.
In battle, slide and tap to select targets and cut through your foes!
- Graphics optimzed especially for the iPhone/iPod touch.
- Employ a wide range of "techs" to dispatch your foes in thrilling battles.
Combine the powers of your party members to unleash two- and three-person combos.
Over fifty combinations total offer players nearly limitless options in combat!
A chance encounter amid the festivities of Guardia's Millennial Fair in Leene Square introduces our young hero, Crono, to a girl by the name of Marle.
Deciding to explore the fair together, the two soon find themselves at an exhibition of the Telepod, the latest invention by Crono's longtime friend Lucca.
Marle, fearless and brimming with curiosity, volunteers to assist in a demonstration. An unanticipated malfunction, however, sends her hurtling through a rift in the dimensions.
Taking hold of the girl's pendant, Crono bravely follows in pursuit. But the world into which he emerges is the one of four centuries before...
Journey to the forgotten past, the distant future, and even to the very End of Time. The epic quest to save a planet's future makes history once again.
《Chrono Trigger》是一部由《Dragon Quest》的堀井雄二先生、《Dragon Ball》的鳥山明先生,以及《Final Fantasy》專案組共同組成的夢之開發團隊“Dream Project”攜手打造的經典名作RPG。如今這部人氣大作終於登陸iPhone/iPod touch啦!
What's New in Version 1.0.3
The following bugs have been addressed:
- Graphic issues occurring on iOS 5
- Various minor bugs"
Korean language support added.
While yes, there are some graphical issues as of yes on the newer devices... This is a great game that as far as we can tell will be seeing an update for the 5 devices. Sure it doesn't fit the screen fully (which isn't even a big deal compared to the funky character models which I'm waiting to be fixed to play). As far as I can tell that when this is optimized it will be amazingly fun. Considering you can't expect the controls to be spot on without a controller, I would argue that this is as good as it gets. As the controls are indeed easy to get the hang of and aren't detrimental to the gameplay (as far as I can tell). I only played for a little while as the character models throw me off and I'm a bit of perfectionist. Once the update comes this game will indeed be worth playing again and again, so I would consider this game an investment. I am excited for the many hours I will spend in the world of ChronoTrigger (a game that if you try to find on SNES you'll be lucky to find one at a reasonable price).
Great game, decent port
I'm a few hours into it. I loved this game when it first released and played through many re-releases. The game is still great. The iOS port is mostly good except. It takes some getting used to the movement. run/walk is sensitive to how far your finger moves. It's hard to walk and precision is difficult while running. It means you may have to take a second try at grabbing the capsules or talking to people. Also, I can't dodge some enemies as well as I used to. The other issue is enemy selection. If I want to use cyclone to target the middle enemy don't expect to be as fast as using a controller... And occasionally accidentally selecting an enemy rather than switching.
Overall it's a great game and decent port. It's not the best port but I like it's on a platform that'll stay with me for years. The menu system works just fine it just needs help in movement and enemy selection. It's missing features from other ports like the Animated cutscenes. I hear the DS extras are there but I haven't seen them yet.
Poor port of a monumental game.
Don't get me wrong. I love Chrono Trigger. I am only giving two stars for the following reasons:
1. There is no iPad version. There is no excuse for any app not to use the full resolution of the iPad, especially a $16 game.
2. The controls are terrible. You move around like the ground is covered in butter. Well, not quite, but it is difficult to line up with and use an action on things to find hidden items, for example. Another good example is the mini game where you win the doll at the very beginning does not label the buttons, so it's trial and error at first.
3. It's almost copy/paste from the SNES version. Any added feature like state saves (bookmarks) feels like it was done by an amateur. The menu redesign does not match the look and feel of the game. The font is awkward looking. There is no attempt to update music or graphics (which can be good or bad depending on your opinion).
Overall, this game is a disgrace. Wii virtual console games cost half as much and do not have these issues and don't crash in the middle of gameplay. This is the reason people turn to emulators and illegal ROMs; poor quality products like this.
Hopefully there is an update in the works...
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 27, 2013
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 615 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1995,2008,2011 SQUARE ENIX Illustration:(C)1995 BIRD STUDIO / SHUEISHA Story and Screenplay:(C)1995,2008 ARMOR PROJECT / SQUARE ENIX
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.