In Chronology, you manipulate the past and the future, in order to fix the present. Play as the Old Inventor and his sidekick The Snail, and take advantage of their special abilities - travel back and forth in time, stop time, manipulate objects and solve puzzles.
"When Braid and LIMBO had a pretty baby" - bagogames.com
• Time changes everything - Solve puzzle by travelling back and forth in - or freezing - time.
• Characters with heart and soul - Switch between two lovable characters with different abilities and combine their strengths.
• Full support for MFi Game Controllers.
• A mind-bending story line. As the story unfolds, learn how the main character has already played a central role in shaping the future of his world.
• Fully voice acted in English.
• A magical, colorful, vibrant and living universe that mixes elements from different times and cultures.
• Amazingly animated characters, machines and creatures, inspired by Hayao Miyazaki (Howls Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro).
- Improvements to some levels improving user experience!
- Incremental bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting, attractive, but short
Update - it’s sad that there haven’t been any other Part updates in over a year. I would even be willing to pay for an update at this point.
- special abilities of professor and snail make the game very interesting, especially given that the snail is a secondary character.
- puzzles were not too easy or too hard (although I like them on the easy side)
- beautiful graphics
- choice of mostly European languages (English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Brazilian Portugese, and either Russian or Polish... I don't know)
- the story is sweet, engaging, and the relationship between snail and professor is endearing
- wasn't buggy
- I like that there's basically no tutorial, and you don't necessarily know what's going to kill you.
- unlimited lives, game generally starts you very close to where you died, rather than all the way at the beginning (except one or two spots)
- no Asian languages
- the evil professor looks vaguely like a "yellow peril" caricature of an old Chinese man (I'm guessing the Co that made this is not American, so it's not an accusation, just an observation/criticism)
- there seemed to be no point to having an up/down control for professor
- the ending was kind of lame. I like some fanfare
Overall I really enjoyed this and look forward to updates. Hopefully they will be free or cheap.
Great Game, but a Few Suggestions...
I like the concept of this game, switching between the words is really, really fun. I wouldn't mind purchasing part II, but since it's been since October since the last update, I'll wait until I see that there are more parts to this game. It looks like it would be really fun, but I'd want it to be longer, like Leo's Fortune.
Then there's the story scenes. There needs to be a skip button to pass over these. Watching the story once is fine, but then no one wants to watch it again and again and again. Seeing the storyline once in a while isn't bad, but it should be the player's choice.
That being said this is a good game that I would recommend as long as they add more levels like they said they would and I'd also like to see a skip storyline option. With those two updates this game would definitely bring 5 stars from me, but it gets 3 until then.
Where're the updates?
I started playing this app a LONG time ago. I even spent money on it because I loved the app and wanted to support the developers for making such a great and unique game. However, it never updates, promising more parts for purchase... I don't even mind paying for more parts because I like the game so much, but don't promise your customers more content and then never update. The story is incomplete, and now I'll never know what happens. One star for now; I'm very annoyed with the lack of development. I'd have given five stars if only they produced more content like they should be doing. Also, if the developers even see this, please make it iCloud compatible so it can be transferred between devices. I'm running out of storage space, and I don't want to delete this app because I like it and I paid money for it. But now it just sits untouched, because there're no updates... I might just delete it at this rate.
- Surreal Games ApS
- 347 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2014 osao games
- In-App Purchases
- Part II Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.